(38) This Isn't The End

3 months later...

"Is he back ?" I ask as I place my last shirt in the suitcase.

"Honey, I'm sorry. You need to let him go," Mum rubs my shoulder as I lock my suitcase. I look around my room, "once I leave this room I'll leave everything behind."

I notice a letter on my desk: The letter! I quickly grab it and slowly tear it open afraid that it'll turn into ashes and fly away.

Dear Vanilla,

  If you've opened this letter it means that I've disappeared from your life. I never intended to do that but family reasons caused me to do so.

I will tell you if I come back. I will study where I am and I would love to stay in contact but unfortunately I can't.

Please forgive me Vanilla, but I assure you that the distance shall strengthen the love I have for you.

Once everything is sorted out you'll be the first one to know. I can guarantee you that we will meet again at Juliette and Nathan's wedding.

There's a small gift at the bottom of the envelope. I hope every time you look at this you remember us and our wonderful memories.

This isn't the end. Goodbye Vanilla

-Blake

I insert my hand in the envelope and grab what's at the bottom; a necklace with 'Vanilla' engraved on it. I immediately wear it and hold back a few tears. Why am I crying?

"You love him Autumn," Mum answers my unasked question.

"I guess I do." I walk out of my room with Mum right behind me. I switch off the lights and close the door. Closing this door closes an important part of my life.

My friends have all went along separate paths but we vowed to reunite at the end of this journey in life. Alice has head off to UCLA with Aiden as they both are majoring in engineering. Grace set off in the fashion industry with hope to make it big like Chanel. Nash will attend the University of Washington as he doesn't want to go far away from his family and Grace. Chase and Jace returned to Australia and will pursue their dreams over there. Kyle has joined the army and as for Blake, the only thing I know is that he's alive and well.

I've tried to squeeze information out of Juliette, but it hasn't work. I have noticed sadness in her eyes whenever I mentioned him and her parents so decided to back off. Nathan and Juliette have graduated, and Blake wasn't there. They are now back in the neighborhood, happily working in the hospital with my mother.

I descend the stairs one last time to find Nathan and Juliette waiting for me at the bottom. I look around and all the memories I've had come back rolling. The weird breakfasts, the movie nights, the nerf guns battles, Christmas.

It's not like I'm going forever. I'll be back. I make sure that I have all the important documents and bags then turn to look at my brother. He wipes a tear and Juliette comforts him.

"Now you know how it feels to separate from your sibling Nathy. It sucks," I smile at him.

"I'm not crying. Something just got in my eye." Boys....

"Sure, and I'm going to be a millionaire one day. We both know that it's not true," I playfully punch him.

"Well, it's time to head to the airport. You don't want to be late for your flight," Mum says.

"I'll miss you so much Mum. I'll talk to you everyday." Mum nods her head as she embraces me in a hug. I hear her not so quiet sobs which breaks my damaged heart.