(35) It's Not Easy Getting Over a Guy You Were in Love With

Chapter 35- It's Not Easy Getting Over a Guy You Were in Love With

A few months later...

"Your time is over. Please hand over your exam," the teacher's voice booms over the quiet room. I rise from my chair and hand the teacher my paper with a huge grin on my face.

The last high school exam.. I grab my bag and exit the classroom to be greeted by the sight of my friends.

"WE'RE DONE!!!! GOODBYE SCHOOL!!" Grace and Alice pop my eardrums by their screams and squeals as I watch amusingly.

"Congrats Autumn," Chase hugs me and I smile. "Prom is next week!! The acceptance letters should arrive any time this week!" Grace exclaims.

"Well I hope you guys have fun," I state as we walk to the parking lot.

"You're not coming to Prom?" I shake my head as Grace prepares to pout and Alice's smile turns upside down.

"Nah, I want to visit my brother and Juliette," I unlock my car and get in.

"But you won't get to experience Prom," Alice responds and a new voice appears.

"And who will I go to prom with Vanilla?" Blake adds. I roll my eyes and point at the group of girls spying at him.

What happened to Blake and I? A few days later after the party incident Blake started stalking me and apologizing. My phone crashed many times from the amount of blush worthy messages. After a few conversations with my Nathan and Juliette, I forgave him.

What we currently have between us is totally platonic and I admit that I like it that way. Maybe it wasn't meant for us to fall in love...

My phone starts ringing and I answer. "YOU WERE GOING TO SKIP PROM TO COME SEE US?!? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?! IT'S A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY!!" Juliette greets me.

"I'm great, how are you? Prom is the same as homecoming blah blah," I state and I can hear her slap her forehead.

"Trust me you'll regret it once your thirty and you're looking back," I sigh and nod.

"Okay fine, I'll go to prom. Looks like I need to go dress hunting," I look at Alice and Grace and find them going nuts.

.
.
.
I fall onto my chair and sigh in relief. "Finally we found the dress. Let's eat!"

"Okayyyyyy fine, but we'll then go to Sephora," Grace responds

.

.

.

"IT'S 8PM!! CAN WE PLEASE JUST LEAVE!?!?" I fall onto my knees and beg Grace and Alice.

"I have a better idea, you stay and I leave," I add and they look at each other.

"If you want to," leaves their mouth and I quickly hug them and head towards the parking. I get my car keys out and unlock it, dumping the shopping bags inside. I turn around and find Kyle getting into his car on the other side.

Should I ? Will I regret it ?

Yes

I walk over to his car and knock on his window. He looks up and smiles then gets out of the car.

"How are you Autumn? How was finals? The last few weeks you were on full study mode," he scratches his head clearly showing his nervousness.

"They were good. How was yours?" I take a step closer.

"I followed your old tips so they were great. I never got to thank you for them, so thank you." He takes a step closer and I smile.

"So are you going to prom?" We blurt out together then laugh. We both nod then he takes in a deep breath.

"Will you go to prom with me?" He asks and sucks in a breath waiting for the answer.

Should I ? 

Yes

Will I regret it ?

I don't think so..

"Yes, I'd love to," I state and the biggest smile erupts on his face. He engulfs me in a big hug and I hear something dropping. We turn around and find no one.

"Well then, I'll see you later?" He says hopefully and I wink. We part ways and head home.

Life is a long roller coaster ride, filled with many surprises.. Who knew that I'd be going to prom with my ex?

An ex who never hurt me, never broke my trust, and always treated me in the best way possible. After all, it's not easy getting over a guy you were in love with.

Yes, I, Autumn Noelle Carter, was in love with Kyle Carter and I never regretted it.

💁🏼Grace's POV💁🏼

We watch Autumn walk out of the mall and once the coast is clear Blake meets us.

"How can I win her back?" Blake sighs. I glare at him and then shake my head.

"I don't know why am I helping you. You made Autumn happy and I want what's best for her," I state and I receive a text from Nash.

Go to the parking ASAP. Kyle is w/ Autumn.

Once I read the message I pull Alice and Blake to where Autumn is parked...

We hide behind a car and watch what's happening.

"Will you go to prom with me?" Kyle asks her who's standing a few centimeters away from Autumn. She stays quiet for a few minutes then answers, "yes, I'd love to." They then proceed to hug and Blake drops his phone.

We stay quiet until they finish exchanging a few words then proceed to leave. Blake stands up once they're gone and walks to his car. He simply gets in and leaves without a word leaving his mouth.

What just happened?

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!! There might be 5-10 chapters left and there will be a lot of twists so prepare yourselves

We need a ship name for Kyle & Autumn. Any suggestions??

I hope you're all having a great day and I'll see you next chappie ❤️

'different people awaken different beasts in you'