(26) I Really Really Like You

Chapter 26 - I Really Really Like You

"I really really like you," I blurt out suddenly. Blake looks at me and smiles.

"I really like you too," he says back and grabs my hand giving it a squeeze.

"That too but I mean we should cover that song," I hold in a laugh as red appears on his cheek.

He doesn't remove his hand through the entire ride & neither do I......

~<>~

We arrive at the venue and he parks the car. He opens the door for me and gives me a hand. We hold hands and walk in together.

The place is full and it looks amazing. "It looks marvelous Autumn, just like you." I mumble a small thank you and look down.

"You look so cute together!" Says a voice I'd recognize together. I turn and find Aunt Addison, Aunt Maddison & Uncle David. They're triplets and are known as the MAD siblings. My father told me that they were the maddest siblings indeed.

"Hi Aunt Maddie, Aunt Addie, & Uncle David. Happy Thanksgiving," I say trying to avoid the comment Aunt Maddison said.

"This is Blake Hunter. He's a very close friend," I wink at him and he smiles.

"Pleased to meet you," he nods his head. After talking  a bit Blake and I walk over to his family's table. I introduce myself to everyone then excuse myself to greet everyone.

I welcome Grace's family, Aiden's, Alice's, Nash's. Every year a family member is chosen to be in charge of the Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. I got chosen this year.

I head over to my family's table. Our table is the hugest out of them all.

"Oh Autumn the place looks amazing. And that dress of yours. Spectacular!" The women all gush as I thank them all.  I walk to where my grandparents are sitting. Fortunately, they're all alive and every year they have a table right in the middle. They were best friends and until now they are.

"Happy Thanksgiving!" I say once I reach their table. Granny May and Grandpa John are Mum's parents whilst Granny Julie and Grandpa George are Dad's parents.

"Oh dear you look lovely in that dress," Granny May says and I give her a kiss on her cheek.

"My daughter's reception is spectacular," Granny Julie says. Unfortunately, Granny Julie suffers from Alzheimer's disease and is in the middle stages.

"Yes, isn't it lovely. Your daughter is very pretty, you must be proud," I stick with her story because I hate making her mad.

"So is her daughter Autumn.." She says and holds my hand. A tear slides down my face as I take in her remembering me.

"No kiss for your grandpas ?" Grandpa George teases me. I kiss them both and chat with them a bit. I excuse myself and continue checking on the other families. So many people !!

I quickly drink a glass of water and head towards the DJ area but as I turn around I bump into Kyle.

"Fancy bumping into you," Kyle smiles. I take him over to the table where his friends are.

"Joe, Liam. I thought you guys were in UK," Kyle says as he gives his friends man hugs.

"I invited them because I found out they were lonely too. Killing two birds with one stone. Enjoy the dinner guys," I say and quickly leave the table before he manages to speak.

I reach Chase and Jace. We hug each other, chit chat for a bit, then hand me a microphone.

The music slowly fades away and I tap the microphone for everyone's attention.