Chapter 25

Each morning we all wake up with different things on our minds. We don't really think about those things until we open our eyes and it hits us. They could be things like "what am I gonna have for breakfast?" Or "did I buy toilet paper?" Or if you have an unusual mind like mine, you get questions like "Did we use a condom last night?"

Do you remember when they warned us in sex ed about that one time you don't use a condom and the odds of you getting pregnant are super high? Well as the morning light flashes in from the window in Austin's room, that's exactly the first thing I think of. I've had lots of sex, not that saying that makes my slut rep any better, but at least it somewhat means I know what I'm doing. Typically I'll confront the guy before anything happens just to make sure I don't find myself in a situation I don't need to be in at the moment. Heck, I don't ever see myself becoming a parent because kids and I just don't get along. Needless to say, I've never not known if we did or if we didn't.

But last night, oh gosh, last night a condom was the absolute last thing on my mind.

I stretch my arms out and let out such a huge yawn. The brightness is seriously making my eyes burn.

What time is it?

I look over that the indie clock hanging above Austin's motocross poster.

10:30 am?

Oh Canada! I have class in 15 minutes...

Quickly I scatter to my feet, and I notice Austin isn't in the bed either. He doesn't have class right now. Where could he be?

Okay chill out, I'm not a creepy stalker. I just happen to know his class schedule..

But anyway he does typically disappear randomly. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

I don't have time to think about this right now... even though just thinking of him reminds me how good he was last night... Like I didn't even know I could bend that way omg.

TMI..

RILEY!

Okay, I seriously need to shower and get dressed. Even if Austin's big warm shirt is all I feel like staying in for the rest of the day.

I search the room and pick up as many of my clothes that were quickly taken off last night that I could find. I see a used condom laying on the floor beside the trashcan by Austin's side of the bed. Or well the side he had to have slept on. Okay good, this means one was used. I have no reason to spaz out lol.

I run through the hallway to my room and jump in the shower. 3 minutes later I'm out and putting on a slight layer of makeup and trying to fit my big ass in a pair of black skinny jeans. I should really just buy the next size up so that I quit having to have this fight. Because you and I both know I am not losing my fat butt any time soon. Especially if the holidays are fast approaching.

I let out a sigh of relief when I finally get the zipper to zip up. I don't have time to dry my hair therefore I throw it up in a messy bun and put a sparkly headband on top of that hot mess. By messy bun, I mean a slicked back bun that's hanging far too long for it to even be considered a bun, and little frizzy pieces of my baby hairs sticking every which way. But hey, what does it matter anyway?? It's just class! I search through my shirts and nothing seems satisfying.

An idea hits me..

I lace up my bra and slip a white tank top on. Quietly I walk back across our living room to Austin's room. I notice there still isn't a sign of him. I let out a sigh and walk into his closet.

Damn.. I thought I had a lot of clothes. My fingers run across his shirts as I walk down one side of the rack. I pick out a maroon and white button down shirt that has Miami written on the small pocket on the front left. Is Austin from Miami? Or did he just visit? Maybe he has relatives there. I'll have to ask him. Can I ask him that? Considering we hooked up I don't know what terms we are on. Will he still have the shy, I'm not telling you anything effect? Or maybe, hopefully he'll be more open. The Lord knows how open I am.

Maybe wearing his shirt is too much... Does it sound like I'm being clingy? Oh god, I'm being clingy! That's the last thing I want to be!

I decide not to wear his shirt. I pull the hanger off the rack and begin putting it back on it.

"No, please wear it. I'm very intrigued," Austin says from behind me.

I turn around with a horrid embarrassed expression on my face. He laughs.

"I didn't expect Riley, the queen of hookups to be clingy,"

Dammit! I knew I was being clingy.

"I can explain.." I say, but then realize I don't have a follow up sentence. My face scrunches up. He looks at me with a slight smug waiting on my excuse.

I roll my eyes and give an innocent smile. "Okay, maybe I can't explain."

He shakes his head, laughing and walks towards me. His arms extend and lay softly on my hips.

"You don't need to explain. I think you and I are on the same page."

We are?

"Yeah..." I say pretending I know what he's talking about.

"Yeah," he says smirking. He leans down a kisses me. I feel my body tense at his touch, but I quickly become comfortable. This is definitely going to take some time to get used to.

He pulls back. I see a daze in his eyes that reminds me that he's Austin. My annoying, yet very compassionate roommate. I have nothing to be afraid of. I lean up and kiss him once more.

"So Riley," he says as he pulls away while taking his shirt out of my hands. He places the hanger back on the rack then opens the cotton fabric and motions for me to put my arms inside of the sleeves. Once I do he wraps his arms around me from the back and rests his chin on my shoulder.

"I was thinking, and considering how good you look in my clothes, it's only fair that you say yes to being my girlfriend."

A smile hits my face.

Did he seriously just ask me to be his?

I look across the closet to the full length mirror. Austin still has his eyes on me. His facial features seem happy.

I look at my face.

I'm happy.

This picture of the two of us is something I couldn't have imagined just months ago when I left home and started this journey called life. I especially didn't think the guy who saved me from dying like twice now would have his arms around me asking me to be his girlfriend. Maybe college isn't as bad as I say it is.

I feel myself bite my lip. I do this when I'm being a girl. Cliché yes, bad no.

"I would say yes but..." I tell him and I see his eyes get huge. I start laughing and turn into him.

"I'm kidding. Yes! I would be honored to be your girlfriend!"

His smile grows bigger than his face.

"Thank god, I thought I was going to have to beg."

Austin, beg? Haha in my dreams.

-----
This chapter isn't exactly what I wanted it to be. It'll work though. Expect greatness to come!
I'll try for a new chapter next week! Thanks my loves!
Xoxo-k.l.