Chapter 22

"Thanks for tonight, even though I sort of ruined it," I say to Cody as I attempt to apologize for the night's unbelievable twist.

"You didn't ruin it," he says. I look over to him. The darkness closes in on his face as the light from the moon outlines his jaw. He shifts in his seat and leans against the window. "Just spending time with you was all I cared about."

My cheeks couldn't possibly be any redder. I smile and look down awkwardly at my hands. I don't know how to be smooth. I shouldn't still have feelings for him, and I didn't think I did, but in this moment my heart is pounding harder than I've known it to pound in a long time.

"Look at me.." he says. His hand reaches over and grabs mine. My eyes flash up to his. "God, you are so beautiful.."

A small grin peaks up the right side of my face. I watch as he shifts again, but this time he's moving closer towards me. I fight back the urge to not just jump his bones. Actually I don't know a time where that wasn't the circumstance. We've never had a slow, work our way into it kiss.

Finally his face reaches mine and he kisses me. Strong. Passionately. His hands pull me into him close and this monster takes over me. I feel everything all at once. The heat, the need, the want. God, it's been a long time.

His hands move away from my face and I hear the jingle of his belt. Well this escalated quickly.

I pull back.

"What are you doing?"

He looks at me confused. My eyes look down to his crotch and see his fully erect penis sticking out of his jeans.

"What?" He asks. He follows my eyes. "Oh, well I mean I thought.."

I look back up to his face. Anger sort of growls inside me.

He sees this.

"Come on Riley, isn't this what we do? I take you out, you repay me by, you know," he gestures down to his dick. "helpin me out"

Can this be happening? This is exactly why I couldn't do this in high school. All he wants from me is either a blow job or sex that will never lead to anything more. How can I be so stupid? How could I possibly think Cody of all guys would want just a date without anything more. I'm so fucking dumb.

My jaw clenches and I reach down to the floorboard to grab my bag. I don't look at him as he calls my name behind me as I jump out of his truck. My feet find themselves running again. All I can think about is getting to my room and locking myself up for the rest of the night. Possibly for the rest of eternity. I didn't know one could be so embarrassed and so ashamed in such a short amount of time. What kind of life am I living? I don't want to live like this anymore.

----
Hi my beautiful readers. I am so sorry for this terrible chapter for it is unedited and unplanned. My mind is so scatter brained here recently that I can't concentrate on anything. I'll come back and edit it to what I really want it to say some time next week and I'll post an update saying I did so please keep a look out. Thank you so much for reading! Love you 😘

-// K.L