Late 1987

“You’re what?” Christine asked, her face a picture of shock. “I’m leaving the band.” Lindsey repeated, keeping his eyes fixed to the floor. “But, why?” Mick asked. “Why, mate?” John asked. Stevie said nothing, her lips just a thin red line, her angry eyes fixed on Lindsey’s hidden face. “Because.” Lindsey replied. “That’s not an answer.” Mick retorted. “I don’t fucking know who I am anymore! This band is suffocating me!” Lindsey yelled at him, standing up. The four of them looked at Lindsey in astonishment. Lindsey took a few deep breaths. “Chris, I’m sorry. Thank you for having me.” He said, turning to walk out of the room. “Oh no you fucking don’t.” Lindsey, Christine, Mick and John all turned to look at Stevie. She stood tall, her small stature taking nothing away for her. Her eyes blazed with resentment, her cheeks were bright red with anger. “Stevie, please.” Lindsey whispered. “No! I won’t, Lindsey! I won’t do this again!” Lindsey locked eyes with her. “Do what?” “Loose you. I won’t loose you again.” Lindsey laughed, infuriating Stevie more. “Loose me? You loose me?” Lindsey crossed the room in a flash, and stood as an intimidating gloominess over Stevie. Stevie nodded, determined not to let Lindsey scare her. “You’ve got to be joking!” Lindsey sneered. He put his face close to hers and whispered in her ear, “Do me a favour: stop playing the same old record, Stevie. It’s becoming dated.” He turned to leave. As he disappeared around the corner, a teary Stevie ran after him. The other three members of Fleetwood Mac rushed to the window to watch the scene play out.

Stevie caught up with Lindsey. She began beating on his back, her small fists making no impact. He turned around quickly, surprising her. He grabbed her wrists with one hand, while his other arm snaked around her waist, pulling her closer to him and immobilizing her. “Stop it. I don’t want to do this.” Lindsey begged her. “Let. Me. Go.” She demanded. Lindsey let go of her roughly, watching as she fell to the ground. As he walked past her to get into his car, she stuck her foot out, tripping him up. They both got up quickly. “Stevie!” Lindsey screeched furiously. He chased her down Christine’s driveway. “Get in your expensive, chauffeur driven car and get the fuck away from me!” He yelled at her. He watched as she did exactly that and the sleek black car drove away. He heard footsteps running towards him. “Lindsey! Are you crazy?” Christine yelled at him, coming to a stop by his side. “Maybe.” He replied. Turning to her, he pulled his sunglasses out of his pocket and out them on. “Or maybe I’m just really tried of this bullshit.”