December 3rd 1974

Lindsey and Stevie sat together in a small sitting area connected to their studio. As Stevie looked over Lindsey’s lyrics, he tuned his guitar. Sighing, he stood up. Leaning his guitar against the couch, he said, “I’m just going to get a drink. You want anything?” Stevie looked up at him, smiling. “Just a coke, please.” Lindsey nodded and walked out of the room. To get to the vending machine in the hall, Lindsey had to walk through the control room of their studio. As Lindsey made his way through, he spotted Keith talking to an unknown man. The man was rather tall, clearly over 6ft. He had long hair and full beard. He was dressed like some sort of English aristocrat, which made Lindsey snicker as he passed through. He walked out into the hall and inserted his coins in the vending machine. As he picked out the two cokes, he heard the familiar guitar riff of his and Stevie’s song ‘Frozen Love’. “Mmm. I wonder what…” Lindsey walked back to the control room door, not making it any further from total shock. Lindsey’s eyes widen as he watched the tall man head banging with Keith to his guitar riff. Shaking his head, Lindsey casually walked past them. “Hey Linds. I hope you don’t mind me –” Keith began, but was cut off by Lindsey shaking his head. “Carry on, man. At least someone who isn’t a critic is enjoying it.” Lindsey met the stranger’s eye. They nodded to each other before Lindsey turned away. He spotted Stevie emerge from the sitting area. He grinned and handed her the drink he’d gotten her. Putting his arm around her shoulder, they left Keith and the stranger to their own devices.