25th Silence

Nakangiting pinagmasdan ni Maine si Alden mula sa dining. Mukha itong chef kung tignan habang nagluluto ng pasta. He can flick a pan with one hand. He's good in handling a knife. He got strong pair of arms and a nice posture. Tapos iyong paraan ng pag-season niya ng pagkain, iyong patak-patak style. Then he garnished the plate with minced parsley. Ang lapad nga ng ngiti ni Maine ng ilapag nito sa mesa ang pasta.

"Nag-aral ka bang magluto?" tanong niya while he settled himself on the chair beside her.

"I have to. I have no one to depend on when I was studying in Manchester. I hate eating awful food."

"Mabuti pala at nanalo ako," aniya sabay kain ng pasta nito. Her eyes went wide at how good and creamy it is. "Wow! You're a good cook!"

She gave him a thumbs up. Napangiti naman ito at kumain na rin.

"Ano pa ba kaya mong lutuin?"

Napaisip ito. "Anything I guess as long as it's not dessert."

She stopped eating and frowned at him. Gusto pa naman niyang kumain ng dessert pagkatapos. "Why?"

His gaze slowly trailed down to her lips. "Because... it requires... precision."

He suddenly stood up and took something on the kitchen. Bigla kasi itong naging distracted about something. Pagbalik nito ay binigyan siya nito ng tissue.

"There's cream on your upper lip," wika nito.

Agad niyang kinuha ang tissue at pinunas sa labi. "Thanks."

"Maine..."

"Hmm?"

"Don't you want to start a relationship with me?" Napaayos siya ng upo.

"I don't know..." Napalunok siya dahil titig na titig ito sa kanya. "Alden, doctor mo pa rin ako. We may have the same feelings for each other but my first priority has always been your condition."

Nagulat siya ng bigla nitong hinarap ang upuan niya dito. "By condition, you mean the state of my thoughts and feelings?"

Tumango siya.

"So you really like me?"

"Uhm... Oo pero-"

He suddenly stood up, propped a hand on the back of her chair, and cut her reason with a kiss on the lips. She was frozen on her seat. He coaxed her by slowly moving his lips on her, sucking her upper and lower lip. Hindi na napigilan ni Maine ang sarili. She kissed him back with much ardor.

Alden boldly deepened the kiss and held her nape firmly with his free hand. No one was aware about the passing time. They already forgot about dinner. If air isn't essential, their kiss would have been a hell lot longer.

They were still gasping for air when their eyes met. His eyes were alluring and her cheeks were blushing. Dahan-dahang napalunok si Maine.

"Can I..." he breathed and gazed down on her swollen lips, "... kiss you again?"

She nodded and he dove in for another kiss. This time with so much passion.

---

She's not sure when she started liking Alden. Basta ang alam niya, he had already a soft spot in her heart before she met him. Then she would constantly thought about him. Parang kinikirot ang puso niya sa binata na sawi sa pag-ibig. She would constantly think about ways to help him. She wanted him to smile, laugh, and talk. She wanted to see what he was before the accident. She wanted him to enjoy life again. Then unknowingly, she wanted him all to herself.