D.I.T.R. - 22

“I’m so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, s-” I was trying to apologise to Jodie and Samson once again for crashing their wedding with me giving birth to my beautiful twins. I was sitting on the couch - my baby Daniella lie next to me, gripping my finger - leaning over her small body and staring at her in awe and love. I had no idea where Cole was but knew that he’d be in good hands with all his ‘uncles’ as they all described themselves.

“Des, seriously, just shut up! We know you’re sorry and you know that we don’t care. It’s not like mum and dad has no money and we didn’t have to pay to get it postponed for a couple of hours because it was at Jodie’s parent’s house and the reception still happened. Giving birth is totally out of anyone’s control, it’s not planned or predicted it just happens.” Samson walked into the room and sat next to Jodie on the couch opposite me at her mum’s house. I had gotten into some comfy trackies and a nice loose shirt that Chase had gone to pick up this morning. I was exhausted but didn’t care.

Sam and Jodie had, bless the Lord, decided to have a morning wedding. After my sudden birth, thankfully that wasn’t long like most women had, I had had a nice long bath and got into some nice comfy clothes and joined the audience to watch the wedding. My crew had taken care of my babies for me, washing them and dressing them into matching suits except Daniella’s was pink and Cole’s was blue. Nat was holding Cole in the seat next to me. We watched the wedding and I was so happy for my big brother, he looked so happy and so did Jodie yesterday when they exchanged vows and rings. I wanted my wedding to be like theirs, with a man I truly love.

Callum was the ring boy, the one who brought the golden bands out on a velvet pillow. He looked adorable in his tiny tuxedo and tie. Chase walked into the room and sat next to me on the sofa, Cole delicately placed in his gentle arms. I smiled at him and he smiled back,

“I’m stealing your baby, Des,” He grinned sheepishly at me and clutched Cole to his chest gently like handling an old autumn leaf, “You have two so you won’t miss this little bugger,” He looked down at Cole with adoration and kissed his forehead. I chuckled at him,

“Please don’t swear at my children, I want them to be innocent for as long as possible. Not like Callum,” I playfully scowled him and he only smirked at me.

Only to prove my point, Callum came running into the room, tripping over a magazine that I’d been reading on the floor, “Ah shit, that hurt,” He whined. Everyone stared at him wide eyed.

“Where did you learn to say that word?” Jodie asked sternly, glancing at Samson who gave her an innocent look. She looked at Callum with authority and he looked away. All he did was point at Chase with his little baby fingers and giggle,

“It was Chase-y” Callum giggled and ran out of the room. Chase quickly placed Cole in my arms and skedaddled out of the room. Jodie just sighed,

“For goodness sake, that boy,” She sounded exhausted and she probably was. We heard a honk outside and Jodie squealed in excitement, “The taxi’s here!”

Sam and Jodie were off to Hawaii for their honeymoon. They were almost going to call it off but I had convinced them that my crew could all help out with the bundle of joys. I got up to help them take their suitcases out the door but Samson pushed my shoulder down,

“No,” was all he had to say, “Your tired enough and we don’t need help,” Samson flexed his arms and I chuckled at him, shaking my head. I sat back down and watched over my little me and mini Drake. Cole looked exactly like Drake and Daniella looked exactly like me. Nat came in and picked up Daniella and cradled her gently, softly cooing her,

“Can I feed her?” Nat asked excitedly. She looked like a child on Christmas and it was pretty funny,

“Nat, I need to breast feed them,” I stated in a ‘duh’ tone like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Nat sighed in defeat but suddenly perked up,

“You could get one of those pump things! Like what Julie had in Packed to the Rafters!” She smiled widely at me and I couldn’t help but chuckle at her energy. (A/N: Rafters is the best show EVER!!) Liam walked into the room then and took Daniella off Nat and she instantly ran out of the house. A few minutes later I heard my car being pulled out of the driveway and zooming down the street.

“Ready to go home, Des?” Liam asked, bobbing with Danielle in his arms.

“Yeah, but we have to wait for Nat to get back and when she does I don’t doubt that she’ll make me use the horrible stuff she’s out to get.” I cringed at the thought of pumping milk out of my breasts. Liam sighed and sat down next to me, Daniella still in his arms while Cole was in mine.

My two little angels were seriously angels. For the one night that I’ve had them, they had slept all through the night, not making a peep of sound. I was really glad that they hadn’t started crying at one in the morning like Callum used to when he was younger because I was extremely exhausted yesterday and needed all the sleep I could get. I felt revived and refreshed and I was ready to go home so I could put my babies in their own beds in the nursery I’d had done. I got it renovated off my room so I could get up for them if I needed to and it wouldn’t wake anyone up.

Nat got home half an hour later. I wondered what took her so long but she said she’d gone to get the car seats for the babies. I thanked her and told her there was no way I was doing the pump just yet, she’ll have to wait a while before she can feed them. She just pouted and I laughed and we put the babies in their car seat and drove home.