D.I.T.R. - 19

I heard the doorbell ring and groaned because I honestly didn’t want to get up. We’d gotten home from Solo’s house about ten minutes ago and Drake and I were on the couch watching some Scrubs that I’d fallen in love with so bought all the nine seasons of it. I was watching an old one with Drake because he’s only seen a couple of them.

I sighed and decided that the person at the door must’ve come here for an unknown reason so I walked down the hall to the front door. I opened the door and came face to face with Hayden. I gasped and instantly slammed the door in his face. He banged on the door, screaming out my name. I locked the doors and ran back to Drake. I must’ve looked like I’d seen a ghost or something because as soon as he saw my face, he was up off the couch and in front of me in an instant.

“What’s wrong?” He asked urgently, putting his hands on my shoulders, “Who’s at the door?” He shook me slightly. I couldn’t speak, my mouth would open but nothing would come out, any sound at all. Drake let go of my shoulders and walked to the door. I couldn’t move so I just stayed in my place when I heard the door being unlocked, followed by shouting and then there was no sound at all. Then I heard the door slam again and Drake walked into the kitchen.

That’s when my feet decided to unfreeze and they carried me to the kitchen. Drake had a bloodshot eye and it was puffy, on its way to a black eye. I giggled at his annoyed look and he just glared at me, “Don’t you dare laugh, I hit him first so it’s not like I was completely defenceless.” Drake looked so cute and vulnerable with the bag of frozen peas over his eye.

My feet and mind had a heart of its own and I was just as shocked as Drake was when I walked up to him and placed my lips on his. He was over the shock in a number of seconds and decided to kiss me back, the peas slipped out of his hand and he put them around his waist. I gasped when the cold packet fell onto my face before it fell to the floor. Drake instantly took entrance when my mouth opened and we had a little battle between our tongues, him trying to gain dominance. He put his arms around my ass and lifted me up onto the counter, standing between my knees never breaking the heated contact between our lips. I couldn’t help the moan that escaped my lips and pulled him impossibly closer to me because there was absolutely not a millimetre between our bodies.

He moaned too and his hands found their way onto my stomach, running his one warm hand and one freezing cold one up and down, caressing it. My hand found their way to his perfectly sculpted abs under his wife beater and soon enough, his top was off over his head and on the ground. He started to nibble on my lip and I let out another moan, loving the feeling.

I don’t know how long we’d been in the kitchen making out for but I was brought back to reality when I heard a car pull up outside. I pulled my head out from where I was sucking on Drake’s neck, not really thinking about it when I pulled back and saw the massive love bite I’d made and blushed. Drake chuckled and pecked my lips once in forgiveness, that kiss saying that it was alright. He beamed at me,

“You’d better answer that, I’m sure it’s not Hayden because of the car and I need to get a new shirt.” I looked down to see that I had dropped his navy beater had fallen on the now half frozen bag of peas. He picked up his shirt; put the peas back in the freezer and disappeared up the stairs as I walked to answer the door.

Not taking any risks, I poked my head out of the door and met Summer, “Is he still here?” My voice was barely a whisper but she heard me, my eyes were darting around our porch. I saw her leg was all white and hairy and grimaced. I saw her discomfort and self consciousness so I smiled reassuringly, “Don’t worry, a couple of trips to the beach and a good waxing and it’ll look as good as new.”

I opened the door a little more so I could look around the porch, not convinced that Hayden had left. I saw him on the ground, holding his arm in his hands, rubbing it like it was sore. I gasped and went to shut the door when Summer stopped me, quickly slipping inside and closing the door behind her,

“What the...” she trailed off with a questioning look.

I didn’t really want to tell her just yet so I just replied with a, “Long story,”

We both jumped a little when the door unexpectedly had someone knock on it. Summer’s face turned hard and she turned and opened the door. She was about to punch him in the face, thinking that it was Hayden but when I saw that it was Ryan, I yelled his name and jumped into his arms. Ryan laughed and hugged me twice as hard, almost suffocating me, “When did you get here?” I asked, completely forgetting about Summer. I felt Summer tap on my shoulder before he could reply,

“Yeah, Dez I just came to drop off your phone that you left at our place,” Summer said and turned to walk out the door, “I’ll see you later.” She said and walked down the steps to her car, where Lenny was sitting patiently. That’s when I noticed some big, menacing looking guys come out of the bushes beside our house with metal poles. I tried to shout out but Ryan had his hand around my mouth. I gave him a questioning look but he just lifted his finger to his mouth in a ‘shhh’ gesture, backing us up into the house. He closed the door after us and I heard Lenny shout a couple of times before four thuds of the guys hitting them around the head and they fall to the floor. I had tears streaming down my face, fumbling with my phone to call John.

I put the phone up to my ear but Ryan grabbed it, throwing it away. I looked at him unsure and he gave me an evil look, “Now why’d you try to help them?” He asked in a voice that I’d never heard him speak in. I was scared shitless and wondered who’s side was Ryan on?

Luckily Drake came down at that moment and walked up to Ryan and gave him a clear right hook, knocking him out instantly. Drake ran to the front door and looked at the retreating car’s plates, taking them in. I quickly grabbed my discarded phone and called the cops. I talked to the operator and Drake told me the plates, which I passed onto the person on the other end. They said they’d investigate and be there soon to get Ryan. I really didn’t want to trust anyone at the moment.

When the police came, they also took away Hayden. I was so relieved when I found out; I wanted to skip with joy that he was finally getting off my back. Jodie came home when the cops were here and instantly got on my back, firing all these questions about why they were here. Drake and I were quick to re-assure her. After all the police had left - they were here for quite a while, asking questions and stuff - we all ordered pizza and went into the living room. We chose a movie to watch and all settled around the room, Drake and I in the same spots as last time.

The pizza soon came and everyone pigged out, filling their bellies and finishing the rest of the movie. When it’d finished, everyone just headed off to bed. Drake and I were left in the living room, the credits rolling up the screen and a corny song was playing with it,

“Dez?” Drake asked quietly, almost unsurely and hesitantly. I looked up to him from where my head was resting on his chest,

“Yeah?”

“We need to talk about what happened earlier.”

Those were the words that I dreaded. I knew for certain I was now head over heels in love with Drake and I was worried he’d kissed me in spur of the moment. I was sort of hoping that he’d forgotten our heated make out session earlier and was hoping that he was talking about the cops and stuff but my brain was smarter than that. I don’t know what Drake feels towards me, I have no idea at all. I’m sort of hoping that he felt the same way about me but I’m sort of hoping he doesn’t. Drake is one of my best friends and going out with him only to end messily well certainly tear us apart. I don’t know if that’s a risk I want to take.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello people, I just wanna know what you think of this chapter. Weather I rushed it or anything but I have found a really good song that fitted this chapter:

It’s Winter Winds by Mumford & Sons. I’ll post a youtube clip of it on the side if you wanna check it out :)