D.I.T.R. - 7

*Pic on side is Benny - played by Alex Meraz (Paul off New Moon)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“NO, NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” I screamed as the picked me up, Jack lifted me up by the waist from behind as I tried to run away and chucked me over Jimmy’s shoulder, “PUT ME DOWN! SOMEONE HELP ME!” I screamed at their team mates who where laughing and heading into the locker room for showers.

I was already wet, from the rain and the boys took me out to the middle of the field, where a big mud puddle was, “IF YOU DROP ME IN THERE, YOUR DEAD!” I shouted at Jimmy. I felt his shoulders shake from him chuckling as he put me on the ground, next to the puddle. I looked at him and he had mud streaked and splattered all over his body and face. I sighed with relief that I’d get to keep my clothes clean but it was cut short with Jack running towards me and tackling to the ground.

I screamed as I came in contact with the wet, muddy, sloshy ground, “JACK!” I shouted and I was covered in mud, lying with my back on Jack’s chest because he’d turned at the last minute to take the impact and most of the mud but he’d rolled over so that he rolled over me, squashing me in the mud for an instant before he kept rolling off me and laying in the mud, laughing his head off, “Aw man, I like these clothes!” I yelled at him and grabbed a handful of mud, rubbing it in his face.

“Gross, Dez, that’s disgusting!” Jack complained, getting up and running away. He turned back to look at me about a hundred metres away and sprinting towards me. I had a smile on my face that turned into a laugh as he slid on the mud over the puddle right next to me, face planting at the end getting a face full of mud,

“Awe, Jack,” I couldn’t help but burst out laughing at his goofy expression with mud all over his front and face, “Nice slide slash face plant!” I roared with laughter and Jimmy joined in, also running about a hundred metres away to turn back and do the same thing, except he didn’t face plant, keeping his face mud free besides the splatters that were already there.

Half an hour later and all the team was on the field again – including Jessica and Hailey and excluding the coaches – having an epic mud fight slash mud sliding contest, seeing who could slide the furthest. Everyone was laughing and having fun getting dirty and wet. The rain was still bucketing down so the mud was washing off us slightly.

Another fifteen minutes and everyone was soaked to the bone, shivering like mad with their teeth chattering.

“Ah it’s freezing,” Complain one of the team members who had on the team jersey that was barely see-able under a think amount of sloppy mud. I was also freezing to the bone, covered in mud and had numb toes and fingers. Let me tell you, it isn’t a nice feeling.

“DESIREE!” I heard a very familiar voice called out. I turned around and Solo was in Samson’s car, squinting through the thick rain trying to see.

“SOLO!! Look I’ll see you guys later. Thanks for inviting me Jack and Jimmy, I had a great time and it was nice meeting you Hailey and Jessica. I’ll see you guys tomorrow,” In the end I was shouting at them because I was running back to the clubroom to get my school bag and phone. I was so excited to see Solo again; we are quite close despite the age gap. He’s basically my older brother since Samson and Solo were inseparable for ages when they went through high school and college. Solo was also there for me when I needed him most. When Ryan humiliated me and my dance crew all went to a dance school, that I didn’t want to go to so that left me out hanging all by myself, Solo was there to comfort me and help me get through depression.

He always had a smile on his face, even if it was only an outside smile. I got to the car and grimaced, looks like I have to sit on plastic on the way home. Solo also looked at the state of my attire and grimaced as well,

“Looks like you’ll be uncomfortable for a while, Bubs.” Solo sighed at me and shook his head as the side of his mouth was twitching, trying to hold back a smile before a dazzling, amused smile spread across his face, “Gee, Bubs, how’d you manage to start a mud fight without me? Surely it wasn’t half as fun without my awesome ninja skills to kick ass?” He asked me. Solo had always called me Bubs because he always thought of me as his baby sister that he never had. It used to annoy the crap out of me but it grew on me and now I like how he calls me that. He seems to say it just right because when other people try to say it, like Ryan sometimes called me that as a joke and with his American accent, it just sounded not right and I would get really angry with him for calling me that. It probably sounds weird that that’s what I felt.

“You’re right, Bruz, it’s not even half as fun without you. So how’ve you been?” I asked as I sat on the very uncomfortable, thick plastic that Samson bought for his ‘baby’s’ seats for when we used to all have mud fights back in New Zealand. My nickname for him was Bruz because bro is just too boring.

“Just great! I decided to visit since Lenny and John are no fun because Summer’s still missing and stuff and everyone else is to preoccupied with their families or something so I decided to come down here and see my favourite girl in the world.” He smiled back at me and I gave him a soft smile,

“That’s so sweet,” I cooed but ruined it by giggling.

“Yeah I haven’t seen Nat in ages, did she come here as well or will I have to go to New Zealand to see her,” He gave me a playful smile and chuckled as I glared at him,

“Ha-ha, not funny, Solo. Everyone knows I’m your favourite girl and it better not change until you get married or you mum moves here to,” I saw his eyes go a little sad at the mention of his mum but I knew he will get over it quickly. He moved to Australia about six years ago and left his mum behind. He missed her dearly and admits he’s a mamma’s boy.

“Keep on telling yourself that, Desiree but it’ll bite you in the butt when you find out that Natalia is my favourite girl in the world. Lol jokes, of course you’re my favourite girl, Bub and never forget that, even if I do get married.”

He looked at me, all playfulness gone in his eyes replaced by seriousness.

“I know, Solo and you are one of the best friends I have every had, my favourite man in my life would be Samson but you’d come second, drawing with the crew boys. Sorry you’re not number one but if you kill the others then you’d definitely be number one… wait you probably wouldn’t because then I’d hate you forever for killing my best friends and brother, that reminds me, I have to do some stuff with Callum.”

I rambled on about stuff to do with my three-year-old brother, Callum, and just spoke my thoughts that, by the looks of it, Solo just tuned out in the ten-minute drive back home. My new house was quite large and looked more like a massive beach shack then a house but I loved it.

-------------------------

So sorry I haven't uploaded in ages :/