D.I.T.R. - 3

*Pic on side of Natalia - who is played by Alyssa Campanella

I just stared at him with a confused look.

“Huh?” I asked looking at him like he was crazy. I think my expression looked weird because he laughed a little and looked at his shoes, then back up to meet my eyes.

“I know you’re probably thinking I’m crazy but that’s not what I meant. We’re,” He motioned to some guys flipping on their hands to the song, “all in a crew and we’re looking for a new girl. There are only two girls now that Renate left to move somewhere else and we’re desperate for some one else to join so we can dominate comps and you’re just the right person we’re looking for. Your moves are awesome. Where’d you learn them?” He asked.

I thought for a minute. He wants me to join his crew? And leave mine? NOT going to happen,

“You want me to join your crew?” I asked and he nodded, “Well, seeming as I have my own crew that, by judging by this crap,” I motioned to the guys who were now goofing off doing back flips off the edge of the table, “I don’t know if you’d need me. Looks like you’ve got it in the bag.” I turned around and grabbed my bag, not really wanting to be late for my first class.

The entire crowd had already headed off to class and it was just the guys out here. I heard him scoff and mumble a ‘whatever’ under his breath and I yelled over my shoulder,

“See you in the comps, when your ass looses.” I snickered and headed off to the room that was my first class, seeming as I missed homeroom.  I headed to room 203 for Maths with Mr. Hedley. It looked pretty boring but I couldn’t skip because Samson said if I got poor grades, he’d take away my Apple Mac laptop and I would die without it. It was one of my only ways of contacting my friends, through Facebook and Skype. We video chatted heaps and that’s basically how we talked to each other, besides regular phone calls and FB chats.

I walked into the room and it looked like it had already started. I looked around at all the class gawking at me. Okay… I walked over to the teacher and handed him a slip that had been given to me for teachers to sign and when I’d got all my teachers of my classes today’s signature, I had to bring it back to the office.

“Class, we have a new student today, Miss Smith, how about you tell us a bit about yourself.”

I decided to have some fun and use my epic multi-language skills. I wonder if there were any Filipino speakers in this class. Lenny and John taught me some Filipino and I picked it up pretty quickly. I gave him a blank look before I turned to the class and spoke in fluent Filipino,

“Um… rin Mayroon akong apat na buntot, labing-anim na mga bata, 159 asawa at gumagna bilang isang suso.” (Translation: Um… well I have four tails, sixteen children, 159 husbands and work as a snail.) Some guy in the back snickered and it was obvious he was Filipino, from his naturally tanned skin.

He replied to me, “Paano mo panatilihin pataas sa lahat ito?” (T: How do you keep up with them all?). He smiled at me and the class just watched our private conversation, since they couldn’t understand.

“Hindi ko talaga alam.” (T: I don’t really know) I shrugged my shoulders and sighed, “May lamang paraan masyadong marami sa kanila para sa akin sa bilang, ang bilang na halaga ng huling beses ko nasuri. (T: There is just way too many of them for me to count, that number was the amount last time I checked.) He chuckled and replied,

“Maaari ba akong magdagdag ng isa pang sa na listahan? Gusto ko pag-ibig mag-asawa ka, malibog.” (T: Can I add another to that list? I’d love to marry you, sexy.) He winked at me. I giggled,

“Hindi ko malalaman king maaari kong hawaken ngayon, ang mga iba ay nagisisimula upang makakuha ng mainit ang ulo kapag hindi sila nakakakuha ng anumang…” (T: I don’t know if I can handle anymore, the others are starting to get cranky when they’re not getting any…)