Chapter 16

Recap

With inhuman speed I saw Allen and his friends on their feet blocking me from Vince and his friends. My biggest mistake was looking at Vince, since his eyes were filled with anger. This is exactly what I fear would happen.

Allen better not have done this on purpose.

“You!” Said Vince pointing at me disgustedly ready to jump on me.

But Allen successfully brought his body between us protecting me from Vince’s arm. While his hands rested on Vince’s shoulder, warning him not to take another step towards me.

“Not so fast Vincy boy.” Said Allen extremely coolly.

I have a very strong feeling that something very bad is about to happen.

Save me.

Chapter 16

“You stay out of this Allen. This is between me and my girlfriend.” Spat Vince angrily.

Who does this guy think he is? Firstly he treats me like shit and now he thinks I am still his girlfriend.

“I am not your girlfriend anymore. Get it straight Vince.” I said standing up facing him.

I was a hundred percent sure that if Allen wasn’t standing in between us, Vince would have definitely hit me again. I could see his eyes burning with anger, his hands resting on his sides curled into tight fists. I could tell he was not used to girls talking back to him.

I took a huge gulp and took a step back involuntarily. This guy is just way too scary. I know he has the potential to hurt me. He has done it once and will do it again.

“Aren’t you a little slut? Just because I wanted to take things a little slow you decided to break up with me and move onto someone who would fulfill your physical needs. You disgust me Clary. You disgust me.” Spat Vince.

I stood there like a statue staring at Vince. The whole cafeteria was now shamelessly staring at us. I can’t believe he said that. The only reason he is doing this is because he knows I will never tell anyone about what he did to me. He thinks I wouldn’t take that risk and put myself in that embarrassing situation. I saw girls’ giving me dirty looks that screamed slut, while boys just looked at me with lustful expressions hoping they would get a chance.

That minute I felt lower than trash. Instantly my eyes were filled with tears streaming down nonstop.

Allen immediately turned around looking at me with a worried expression and wrapped his arms around me.

“Don’t Clary don’t let him do this to you. Don’t let him win.”

Before I could respond, I heard one of Allen’s friends yelling his name. I looked up to see their panicked expressions.

Before my brain could comprehend anything, I saw Allen on his knees with his eyes tightly shut in pain.

I looked up to see Vince standing there with one of the foldable cafeteria chairs.

I couldn’t believe my eyes. Did he just do that? He hit Allen with a chair. My Allen.

Everything from there on was happening in slow motion.

Allen’s friends charged towards Vince trying to kill him. I looked down to find Allen on the floor his hand on his back. I was too shocked to move.

But then something else caught my attention. Fiona was next to Allen trying to help him up with tears in her eyes. She tried to be as gentle as possible stroking his hair in the process.