Chapter 13

Recap

I wonder where she went after the fight. Probably to her room to talk to her friends. Maybe I did act really immature about this whole situation.

Not

My friend helped me clean up my wounds. They weren’t half as bad as Allen’s, but they still hurt. I kinda wished Clary was here to see that I did this for her and only her.
After a minute or two I got a text from one of my other basket ball friends saying

“Just saw Clary walk out of Allen Mc Murray’s room. What the hell is going on bro? Keep a check on your girl.”

This cannot be effin true. This better not be true.

Chapter 13

Clary POV

This day has been way too adventurous already. I should finish my homework and get ready for bed. I decide to start with history, considering it’s the easiest. After spending 2 hours doing my homework, I was ready to pounce on my bed. I changed into my comfy little pink night gown and got ready to sleep.

I wondered where my roomies are, it’s already 10:30. They probably have some project to do. I was ready to jump on my bed when I heard a loud knock on the door. It’s probably Angie and Fi.

I ran to the door eager to inquire about their late arrival.

“Where were yo..........Vince?”

“Hello Clary.” Replied Vince monotonously.

“Uhh...what are you doing here?”
“Can I come in?” he asked in a dangerously straight voice.

“Sure.” I whispered moving myself away.

Vince stepped inside and locked the door behind him. What the hell? Why did he lock the doors?

“Vince what happened?”

“Clary where did you go after the fight?” Asked Vince walking towards me, his eyes scanning my body. Immediately I felt exposed. My above knee length sleeveless silky night gown was really not helping me right now.

There was something seriously wrong with Vince. His eyes, they were filled with anger and hurt. They weren’t the gorgeous light shade of blue anymore. They were a stormy blue now. Filled with rage. What is wrong with him?

“Vince what’s wrong?” I asked involuntarily taking a step back.

“You tell me.” He said extremely calmly. He sounded like a quiet volcano ready to explode any second.

Soon we stood face to face with each other right beside Fi’s bed. We were so close that I could feel the warmth of his body transferring to me. His breath stank of alcohol. I was too scared to say anything. When Allen is so close to me I fear his touch might lead me to do things I might regret. But I know Allen would never hurt me. But Vince, at this moment looks dangerous. The fear I feel from his closeness is the fear that he might hurt me. His touch cannot cause me the same tingles as Allen. The smell of alcohol was excruciating. No one in my family ever drank, it was always considered a disgusting thing to do.

“Why are you drunk Vince?” I asked not looking into his eyes.

I heard Vince chuckle and whisper the words.

“I heard from a friend that MY girlfriend, came out of my enemies room, after I was done beating him up for her.”

“Vince.” I said helplessly

“Is it true?” He asked. I know he hoped for me to say no, but what could I do. What was I supposed to say to him? How could I justify myself? After 2 minutes of excruciating silence I finally said,