Chapter 1

I walked out of my cell and made my way to the control room. There is no one around currently, but they had left for a mission earlier. With the massive hallways dimly lit, I can barely walk around without knocking into something. I have to watch out for myself.

It does take awhile to reach each room, and when I am set to be somewhere at a certain time, I have to leave my cell early. Sometimes even having to run my way there. Although, I'm not supposed to be messy or dirty in any way when I arrive somewhere, but I can't exactly help it. I am human, after all.

The wires draping from the ceiling are always hanging out. I've never gone so far to touch one, but they are quite large. It's the green stains on the wall that are the most noticeable.

Passing the control room, I walk another mile until I reach my destination: the exit door.

The exit door has a large opening, 60 feet tall if I had to guess, and is high up from the ground. We are flying in the clouds and the only way to leave is by flying, which is something I am not capable of doing. But the end of the walkway is rusted, brown and grey all around, and with it, the same green substance you see on the walls if you kept walking.

The air is crisp, blowing against my cheek. I shiver. Still, I stay and take a seat at the end of the walkway, my feet dangling off the side. The clouds around are all flowing past, a white fuzz they are. But I have to keep from looking below my feet. I would hate to fall one day.

Staring out at the sky I think of freedom and how lovely it would be. Maybe one day someone will come and save me from my cell, and take me away from the madness. Maybe.

Just then, large footsteps come up from behind me and stop right where I am sitting. Gazing down at me, he frowned. I simply stared up at him, waiting for some kind of order.

"You should return to your cell before you get caught." He says, pointing back to the hallway.

I nod and stand back up, slowly making my way back to the cell. What a long walk it is. But, i'm not supposed to be at the exit door anyways. I was bound to be caught by one of the leaders drones. However, I don't regret it. I needed fresh air.

So I did what he said and I made my way back to my cell. My dark and gloomy cell.

It's the basic routine everyday: wanting to leave and get yelled at or ordered to do something, and I always end up back in my cell afterwards. What a fun routine.

In my cell, I lie down on the mat in the floor, otherwise known as my bed. The room is always cold and dark, not much light except for the one light bulb in the middle of the ceiling. I can't reach the light switch so it's always left on. Other than that I don't have much.

But maybe one day I will be saved, and never see this place again.