Chapter 24

Destiny POV

"What do you think they're talking about?" I asked Rocky as I looked over. I could tell that the guys were interrogating Morris by the look on his face. He looked nervous and intimidated.

"What are you worried about? This isn't the first time they all hung out." Rocky shrugged.

"I know but I guess the other times they didn't even have a serious conversation about our relationship." I sighed.

"If Morris is the nigga you like then who gives a damn about what they think. They're not gonna like anyone you date, well, except for Rome. Speaking of Rome, have you told Morris about y'all's past?" when I didn't say anything she raised her eyebrows and continued to wait for my answer.

"About that-" I rubbed the back of my nervously.

"Destiny Marie Stevens, don't come runnin' to me when shit goes wrong."

"I won't, plus what Morris knows won't hurt him." I shrugged and looked around at the setting. I didn't know most of the people here but it was cool so far. I took a sip of the liquor in my plastic red cup.

"You're askin' for trouble but whatever." Rocky shook her head at me. I just brushed her off and I heard my song come on. I dragged Rocky to the area where everybody was dancing at and started to twerk on her a little bit.

When the song was over me and Rocky left the 'dance floor' and I saw Morris standing there with his arms folded glaring at me.

"Better get yo man." Rocky noticed Morris too.

"I'll be right back." I rolled my eyes but on the inside I was kind of nervous because I was hoping Morris didn't find out about Rome and I's past.

It 's like I was ashamed of our relationship, it was just that if Morris found out about it then he wouldn't want me around Rome at all.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked Morris.

"You think how you were dancing out there was okay?" he asked me. I could tell he was really mad because I saw the vein on the side of his neck flare up.

"You act like I did it with some guy, it was my cousin and we were just having fun." I felt a sense of relief and irritation come over me. I was relieved that he didn't find out but I was irritated because he always found a problem in something.

"I don't want my girl to act like that. It's bad enough that you're wearing this revealing bikini, it's like you want dudes to look at you." His eyes looked like they were about to pop out of his head.

"I can't help if they look. I'm with you and that's all that matters." I wrapped my arms around his torso and tried to make him feel better.

"You know you're my baby." I poked out my lips so he could give me a kiss. He held his attitude for a little bit before giving in.

"Have you been drinking?" he asked after we kissed.

"A little." I admitted. I wasn't even tipsy.

"You're not 21 yet." He told me what I already knew.

"I'm just trying to have fun. Are you the police or something? You gonna arrest me?" I teased. He cracked a smile.

"You ready to go?" he asked me.

"No but you can leave if you want. I'll have one of the triplets take me home." I shrugged.

"Okay, and tomorrow we're going out." He kissed me.

"Really?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, I don't have to go into the office so why not take my lady out?" we talked for a little bit longer before he left. A part of me was happy that he was gone because he killing my vibe.