Chapter 21

Rome POV

She pulled away before I could finally kiss her. 

Damn, a nigga was close to getting what I wanted.

"Rome, you should go." she backed away from me.

"Why? A nigga comfortable right here." I pulled her back to me.

"I'm in a relationship and I have to respect that." she explained.

"I know, but I don't." I told her plainly.

"I still want to be friends with you but that's it." she moved away from me again.

"So you're tellin' me that I still don't make you feel some type of way? Destiny, you're honestly think that nigga could treat you like I can?" I raised my eyebrows.

"He's faithful, respectful, he's not running the streets, I worry my ass off because he didn't answer his phone and I think something happened to him!" 

"So now, you gotta problem with my job?" I asked her.

"It's not a damn job, you sell drugs and kill people!" she started raising her voice.

"You ain't have a problem with that when I was spending my money on you and my nigga, did you forget yo fuckin' brother and father do the same shit as me!" I chuckled and shook my head.

"I can't make them stop, just like I can't make you but I have a choice to be with you."

"So make the choice and get back with me." I said plainly.

"No."

I opened my mouth to say something but she stopped me.

"Rome, just go." she huffed. When I saw she was serious, I sighed and went downstairs and left.

****

"But Romey I wanna stay with Destiny." Sabrina whined. 

"Quit all that whinin'." I smacked my lips. That shit was working a nigga's nerves.

"But Rom-" she started that shit again but I cut her ass off.

"Think I'm playin' with you until I whoop that ass." I warned. That made her ass shut up real quick.

Sabrina knew ion like dealing wit that whining shit. Most of the time I would ignore her ass until she talked to me but today she was irking me.

"Come on, we gotta swing by the house real quick and then buy yo stuff for your day camp."  I waited for her to say goodbye to everybody. I looked at Destiny but it's like she refused to look at a nigga.

"Let's go." Sabrina mumbled when she was done. She had a little attitude but I didn't care. I wasn't in the mood.

"Why couldn't I stay with Desi?" she asked as I drove.

"I already told you why." I sighed.

"But it's not fair." she started complaining.

"Life ain't fair." I shrugged. The whole ride home she was quiet.

"Don't touch that TV, we bout to go. We just came back so I could pick up something." I told Sabrina when I noticed she got comfortable on the couch.

"But my show is coming on." Sabrina smacked her lips.

"I don't care. We gonna leave in a second." I went to walk away but I heard her mumble something. 

"Speak up, I didn't hear you." I told her.

"I said, 'I'm tired of you actin' like you my daddy.'" Shit took me off guard that she actually said it louder because most of the time she claimed she ain't say nothing.