Chapter 9

Rome POV

"What's goin' on with you and my sister?" Major asked me as he drove me back to my place.

"What you mean? We just cool." I shrugged.

"Is that why yo ass started smiling soon as I said her name yo ass started smilin'?" he looked over at me before returning back to the road.

Damn I guess he was right.

"Look, ion care if you feelin' my sister but don't mess up or I'ma beat yo ass."

"What I tell you? We just cool. Don't start assuming shit." I brushed him off.

My phone vibrated in my pocket.

Destiny: Can you bring me a lemonade slushi?

I shook my head.

Yeah spoil ass

Destiny: Thanks best friend

"Nigga you ain't even listenin'." I looked up.

"What you say?" I asked him.

"Disrespectful ass nigga. I'm tryna spit some real knowledge and you over here in la la land." Major shook his head.

"My bad." I shrugged.

"Like I was saying, if you do date my sister, don't involve her in none of the drug shit, don't get her pregnant and don't try to make her yo Trap Queen. Nigga, my baby sister is going to college so don't be distracting her from none of her goals or I'm personally beat that ass." Major went on and on.

"What make you think all that is gonna happen?" I chuckled.

"Kellcey tells me bout them thug books she reads and that shit always happens." Major answered.

"But if you follow them rules then i guess I give you permission to date my sister." He shrugged as he pulled up to my apartment.

"Shit, I ain't know I was asking for permission."

"You should be worried about my pops."

"I know, he gon kill me if me and Destiny ever went there." I agreed.

"Yup both y'all asses would be gone from this Earth." Major nodded.

"Here," I handed him a five dollar bill. "get your sister a slushi from me." I got out his car.

"Sike nigga, I'm keeping this five dollars." Major yelled out of the window

*****
I looked up from my phone as someone sat down next to me.

"What do you want?" I asked Diane.

"Why have you been ignoring me lately?" she pouted.

"I've been busy." I looked back down at my phone.

"Busy doing what?" she was all up on me.

"Oh, so that bitch been keepin' you busy?" Diane snatched my phone outta my hand. I was in the middle of texting Destiny cause she was out sick from school.

"Gimme my shit back." I warned her as she went through our messages.

"No, I wanna read the shit y'all been sayin'." she slapped my hands away. "Ain't this so cute." Diane giggled.

"I said gimme my shit back." I finally got a hold of it.

"Didn't I tell you to stay in ya damn place and chill out with calling her out her name?" I pointed my finger in her face.

"You don't run nothin' over here." she smacked her lips. I just walked away from her ass but she grabbed my arm.

"Look, baby, I just miss you. You don't answer my calls or my texts and you always ignore me when I try to talk to you." Diane rubbed her hand up and down my chest.