Chapter 31

Destiny POV

"Why do you have to go see her? It's your day off." I asked Morris. I was at his hotel room and we were suppose to spend time together but as soon as I got here he was leaving.

"Why do you always have to start an argument?" Morris sighed.

"I'm not starting and argument, I just wanna know. This is the third time you've canceled on me." I rolled my eyes.

"And it'll be the last-"

"You said that the last time." I cut him off.

"Yes but I promise this time-"

"You said that too." I chuckled.

"Destiny." he gave me a look.

"Morris." I mocked him. He looked at me for a second before smirking.

"What?" I was irritated and I didn't see what was funny.

"Babe you're cute when you're jealous." he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I'm not jealous." I tried to push him away but was unsuccessful.

"Yes you are but I promise you there's nothing to worry about. Susan and I are just co-workers." he gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Sure you two are." I don't care what he said I knew there was something going on.

"I trust you when you're taking care of that thug." he lied. "Listen, baby I have to go, I don't want to be late." moved me out of the way and left his hotel room. I huffed and sat on the hotel bed.

I wasn't the type to go through my man's things but something was bothering me.

Should I?No,because I wouldn't want him to do the same thing to me.

But then again, he's been acting suspicious.

I finally got up and started searching through his things, making sure I put them back to where they were.

I couldn't find anything which was making me feel better about him and Susan. I was about to leave until a small box caught my attention. I opened it and it was a diamond necklace.

My baby was going to surprise me.

My phone vibrated making me snap out of my thoughts.

"Hello."

"Hey, Destiny."

"What's up Dustin?" I knew this was about business because that's the only time we talk.

"I found the new whereabouts about Hendrixs." he was referring to my biological father.

"Okay, can you just text me the address because I know I won't remember if you tell me over the phone." I chuckled and started walking to my car.

"Yeah, no problem. Uh...Destiny...you good?" I stopped walking.

"Yeah, why?" it was weird for Dustin to ask me that.

"I talked to Rome earlier and he was stressin' over you."  Dustin confessed.

"It's nothing. You know how Rome is, always so protective." I let out a nervous chuckle.

"A'ight, well I hit you up with the info."

"Thanks Dustin " I hung up. I sighed, running my fingers through my hair before heading home.

"Daddy, I'm home!" I yelled.

"Wassup, baby girl." my dad came from the back.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." I confessed. I noticed he had a suitcase in his hands.