Chapter 34

Destiny POV

I woke up to a familiar scent. I looked up and saw Rome was still asleep. I guess we never moved from the couch last night.

Speaking of last night, it was so refreshing to talk to Rome without any distractions. We talked about everything, from his mom, to Sabrina, to him cheating on me in the past.

I cuddled up closer to him without thinking and scrolled through my feed.

"She looks ugly as fuck with all that damn make up on." I felt his vibrating chest.

"Get out of my phone." I said locking it and turning toward him.

"What's yo plans for today?"

"Um, probably go home, maybe call Kellcey and see what she's doing after I shower." I shrugged.

"What's yo plans for today?" he ignored everything I said.

"I don't know, do you have any idea?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm glad you asked. I was thinkin' we could go to breakfast, maybe do a lil shoppin', how does that sound?"

"Sounds find to me, I'm going to get Sabrina up." I hopped off the couch.

*****

"A nigga get this cast off tomorrow. I'm bout to be a free man again!" Rome yelled as we were in Forever 21. I was looking in the kids section waiting for Sabrina to come out of the dressing room.

"If you don't shut up." I hit his chest when people started looking at us.

"What are you gonna do if I don't?" he waited for me to answer. "That's what I thought." Rome stuck out his tongue when I didn't say anything.

"What do you think about this?" I held up an outfit that would be so cute for Sabrina.

I noticed Rome's attention was on some girl's butt. I just rolled my eyes and waited for Sabrina to come out.

"That's cute." I said when Sabrina came out with a purple dress and black bomber.

"What do you think, Romey?" Sabrina turned towards him.

"I don't like it." Both me and Sabrina's faces fell.

"Why not?" I asked.

"You look too grown up, next thing I know you'll be wanting to wear make up. Nah, take that off and go find a tutu or something." Rome shook his head.

Sabrina looked all sad and it was almost as if her mood was ruined.

"What?" Rome asked me as I gave him a look.

"Nothing." I shook my head and waited for Sabrina to come out with another outfit.

"You don't want to try anything else?" I asked when she came out empty handed.

"No." she mumbled.

"Okay then, let's go." I sighed as we moved onto the next store. I kept trying to lighten the mood but Sabrina wasn't having it.

"What wrong with yo food, Sabrina?" Rome asked while we were at the food court.

She just shrugged.

I felt my phone vibrate.

Rome: The hell wrong with her?

You

I heard him smack his lips before typing away.

Rome: What did I do?
You were a little harsh about her outfit

Rome: But it was too grown