Chapter Seven

It was finally done, the school day. The whole day was like our first class, glares from girls, flirts from jocks but it was the funniest part at lunch.

(flashback)

Thresh, Jake, Amy, Reese and I were all sitting at our lunch table eating and talking about stuff when we suddenly got into the conversation of relationships in school

“Morgan?” said my best girl friend, Amy.

I looked away from Jake who was trying to make a point but failing miserably. “Jake, you just epically failed,” I said to him laughing, I looked over at Amy, “Yeah, what‘s up?” I ask.

“Um, word is that you and Thresh are dating. Is it true? No offense to you guys its just it has been digging at me today that’s why I didn’t help you with the Brad problem again this morning.” She said almost stumbling over the word ‘dating’ because it doesn’t happen here where a popular hot guy dates a (supposedly) ugly, unpopular, emo, freak girl.

I smile at her, “Actually it is true,” I ruffle up Thresh’s hair and he moves his head away laughing, “We started dating Friday night.” I intertwine my fingers with his.

Reese is all psyched about the news, “Damn! I knew it! I told ya Jake! They would date sometime soon! Pay up!” he said which almost seemed like he told the world.

Jake reached into his back pocket and grabbed his wallet and pulled out $30. I bet my eyes were extremely wide when I saw him pass the money over to Reese.

“Jake! Reese! You guys bet that we would date!” Thresh and I screamed at them.

Jake smirked, “Yeah, I mean I could tell he had a crush on you, Morgan, but I thought he knew that guys like him don’t date people like us. And Reese thought he probably didn’t and had enough guts to ask you out. So we bet.” He said.

Reese smirked also, “Yeah and I won the bet so I got free money.” He exclaimed.

(end of flashback)

“You ready to go yet?” Thresh said from outside my bathroom.

“Patience, you should know from the movies that girls take a long time to get ready.” I say jokingly as I pull my dress on.

He sighs but continues to wait, I finally get it on, being careful not to hurt my poor still-slightly-injured back. My bruises disappeared quickly, which was odd. I open the bathroom door. Thresh turns around and smiles, he puts a hand on my right cheek, caressing it.

I look at him.

“Do I look good enough?” I managed to say to him.

He smiles and nods, “You look better then good enough, you look perfect to me. No matter what…Ya ready to go?” he starts blushing.

“Just a second I’m gonna at least have some eyeliner on. Go get the car ready.” I said pushing him towards the front door.

He agrees and I start putting on my eyeliner when he left. I make sure its on right and then I’m about to get my sort of high heels on when my dad (drunk again) drives into the driveway. I could hear it because last night he was driving real loud and so I’m guessing he is here. I hurry up putting my shoes on and I just walk out the door when I see dad coming out of his truck. I try to hurry, running over to Thresh’s truck but my dad grabs my arm before I could. I kept my eyes looking down and away from his, I didn’t want to know how he was looking at me.

“Where do you think you’re going looking like a whore that way? You’re staying right here to continue what happened from last night.” he said looking at my eyes.