Chapter 11

We got off the plane back home in sunny Florida. I liked being home, everything felt so much more comfortable here but I couldn't get over that Logan wasn't with us. Grandma and pap were waitng for arrival to take us home. We were greeting with warm hugs and smiles. I've missed them. Walking into our house with two dogs there to jump all over us and shower us with kisses. I walked into my room a plopped onto my bed with a huge sigh of relief.

I look at my phone to see a few text messages from Logan,"Text me when you land." , "Are you there yet?" , "Call me." , "Love you!" 

I reply, "Hey. Love you too. I'm home sweet home in sunny Florida. (:" 

"I miss you." he said. 

I laughed, "How could you miss me? It's only been a few hours." 

His reply wasn't short but meaningful, "Doesn't matter." 

"Awe (: I'm sorry you're going to have to go a little while longer without me. ): I need a nap. Love you! (:" 

"It's okay, sweet dreams. (:" 

I smiled and relaxed. Zoe and Marley by my side as I drifted off to sleep. I woke up by the sweet aroma of tacos, my favorite food, coming from the kitchen. I got out of bed and sat at my kitchen table, I looked up at my parents being all lovey dovey while the cooking. I made a fake gag sound to make my appearance known. 

My dad turned and smiled, "Look who has risen from the dead." 

"Your humor is not amusing." I said blowing off my dad's remark as he smirked in return. There was a few seconds of silence before I said, "So, when are we going back?" 

My dad leaned his hands on the counter and looked down to the floor as my mom continued cooking the meat, I sighed, "I might not being going back." 

"Lex," my dad said looking up at me, "we don't know what to do." 

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't understand why you're so mad at me." 

"We're not mad, honey." my mom said not looking up from her cooking. 

"Then why did we have to come home?" just then the doorbell rang and the conversation ended, "Whose here?" 

"Melissa." my dad said while walking to the door.

I rolled my eyes. I love my aunt Melissa don't get me wrong but I was pretty disappointed that she was over our first day back. I kind of just wanted to spend a day with just my parents. Is that bad? My Aunt Melissa walked in with Tyson first giving my mom and hug then running over too me. I smiled and acted as if I was happy as I could be. We ate dinner and the "grown ups" started to talk about grown up things so I made an escape to my room. I crawled out my window and walked into our yard. I wasn't sneaking out, I do this frequently actually, its just a way for me to go outside without my parents badgering me with questions.

I pulled my phone from my pocket calling Logan and not even three rings later he answered, "Hey beautiful."

I was so frustrated I sighed into my phone, "Logan I'm so mad."

"Why?" he asked.  

"My parents." I said undoubtedly.

"Well, why?" he questioned, "You need to elaborate." 

I started to explain, "So we just got home and I woke up from a nap and we already have company." I sighed before continuing, "Like, is it bad that maybe I did want a few minutes of peace just with my parents? Like I want to be able to talk to them but how am I suppose to with other people around?" 

"Lex," he paused, "Your parents have been gone for awhile maybe they just want to see some of the people they've missed." 

I slid down the side of the house to sit in the grass, "I know, I just ... I don't know." shrugging in defeat not knowing how to explain how I feel.