Chapter 18

After my dad left I lad in my bed just going over everything in my head. I really was happy my mom was having another baby but I was also devastated at the same time. I was an only child my entire life and let's face it I was spoiled and always the center of attention. Pretty soon that was all going to change and I didn't know if I liked that idea. I called the only person I could think of to call, Logan. 

"Hey." he answered still sounding depressed. 

"Hey." I tried to sound sympathetic to whatever was bothering him. 

"What's up?" he asked. 

"What's up with you? What's wrong?" I try to ask.

He sighs, "Nothing, Lex." 

"Why won't you tell me?" I'm kind of hurt he doesn't trust me.

"It's just complicated." he tries to explain. 

"Logan, I want to be here for you." 

"You are. Stop Lex. I'll talk to you when I'm ready." he was started to get angry. 

I thought it was best to just drop it, "Okay." 

"What's up? Why did you call?" there was still irritation in his voice. 

"My mom's pregnant." I say. 

"That's awesome Lex." he tried to sound happy but it wasn't very convincing. 

I gave a small sigh and tried to turn on my happy voice, "Yeah." 

"What's wrong?" why does he care so much about me but won't let me care about him? 

"I don't know." 

"There's obviously something." he urges. 

"I just... I like being an only child." I pause, "I'm not ready to fall into the background." I confess. 

"Lex, you're not going to fall into the background. Your parents love you." Logan explains. 

"Okay."

"I love you too." he said as the irritation faded out of his voice.

I smiled, "I can't wait to see you tomorrow."

"I can't wait to hold you in my arms again." he confessed.

"I love you."

"I love you too."  

With that the conversation was over. I got out of bed to get a shower so I didn't look so much like a hermit. After I was dressed and looking semi-human again I walk out to the kitchen and my mom is make my favorite, tacos.

"Hey, mom." I say shyly.

"Hey babygirl." she smiled at me.

"I'm sorry." I said, I was so nervous I was shaking. I didn't want my mom to be mad at me.

 She looked at me for a minute for giving me a hug, "Don't be sorry." 

"I am happy." I tried to say. 

She kissed my forehead and let go, "I love you." 

"I love you too." I pause and sit at the kitchen table, "Mom?" 

"Yeah?" she looks away from the stove. 

"When the new baby comes, I'm not just going to fall into the background? Right?" I was fidgeting with my hands on the table. 

My mom sat at the table across from me and grabbed my hands into hers, "You will never, ever, ever fall into the background." 

I smiled at her and went back to my room. I called Taylor and told her that were leaving first thing in the morning and I had to see her before I left so we decided to make it a slumber party. We were up until atleast three in the morning. The next morning we dropped Taylor off at her house on the way to the airport. I couldn't help but to cry as we pulled away from her house. A few hours later we landed in Portland. Travis and Logan were there to pick us up. I ran to Logan practically jumped in his arms. When I saw him I knew something was wrong. Something more serious than I thought. He had bags under his eyes and he wasn't as perky as usual. I hate seeing him so upset with having no idea what's wrong. When we got back to the bus I went to my bunk. I kind of missed it to be honest. 

As I was putting everything where it belonged Logan wrapped his arms around my back, "Tell me what's wrong." I was desperate to know. 

He sighed and laid on my bunk, "Let's just take a nap together."

I laid my next to him with my head rested on his chest and sighed, "Logan.." 

"Lex I told you yesterday I don't want to talk about it." he cut me off. 

"I know I just wish you would." 

"Sleep." he pulls me into his arms. 

I closed my eyes and fell asleep fast in his arms. It felt so good to be back on tour with everyone. I loved Logan so much and just being with him was so perfect. 

__________________________________________________

If you can't tell by the late/short chapter I'm back in college. I'm trying to keep up with everything as best I can but I'm not going to lie it's rough. I'm writing this between classes lol. Anyway I reached a 100 votes! woo!  I don't know why these things are so exciting to me. Comment suggestions and opinions. (: -beautifulgoodbyexx