Alexia Trippy (CTFxC Fan fic)

I just want to say that this chapter of the story is incredibly boring. I'm not going to lie about it but I do promise it gets bettter. Any suggestions please comment or inbox me. (: 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Summer Fest 2013 I’ve been waiting forever for this. No school and traveling from state to state watching my dad and his band perform. We’re all basically like family to each other. You see, my dad is the bassist for the band “We The Kings” and on youtube he’s known as the leader of the CTFxC nation. Charles Trippy, so you guessed it, that means my mom is Alli Trippy. I turned sixteen last month and I am fully equipped with a drivers license. My dad is on tour this summer but my mom didn’t want us to be stuck at home all summer so my mom and dad had talked to the other band members and decided to get another tour bus for family. This summer is going to be the most exciting summer of my life.

My dad comes into my room in a panic, “Lex are you almost ready? We’re going to miss our flight?”

I say as calmly as I can, “Dad, I’ve been ready.”

“Charles, my parents are stuck in traffic and we have to leave. I’m just going to leave the key under the mat and they’ll have to pick up Zoey and Marley without us. Are you ready Lex?” my mom says hurriedly.

“Of course I’m ready.” I pause, “Why does everyone think I’m the one who’s not ready. You two seem to be the ones in a panic.” I grab my suitcase and pat my dad on the shoulder and say, “I’ll meet you guys in the car.” I kiss him on the cheek and walk out the front door.

“What would we do without her?” my mom says to my dad.

“I have no idea.” My parents kiss and grab the last of their things before meeting me in the car.

We all drive to the airport and my nerves are kicking in. Ever since I was small I was terrified of planes. When I was six we were on a plane ride to California it was long and bumpy and you could tell everyone else was anxious but they acted calm. That has always bothered me about people. My parents noticed me picking my fingers and my leg was shaking a mile a minute.

My dad came up behind me and started rubbing my shoulders, “Are you going to be alright?” he asked.

“Yeah, dad. I should be fine.” I try to confidently assure him but I fail miserably.

“It’s only a two  hour flight, you’re mother and I will be right there.”

“I know dad.” I smile up at him and he kisses my forehead.

We board the plane shortly after to land in South Carolina. It was sunny and the rest of the band was already there. There was Travis who had two sons, Logan who just turned seventeen and Jaxson who is fourteen. Than Danny also had a son who is just a few months older than me his name is Garrett. Finally there's Coley and Hunter who are childless. After we greet each other with hugs we load on the bus and claim bunks. Being the only girl I got first pick. I picked the bottom bunk in the very last corner. Sometimes I liked to be alone and I felt like this bunk was the farthest I was going to be from civilization for a while. After we were all settled in we all went out to eat before the first show but I was so excited I just ate a small salad. I’m very quiet and kind of fall into the background of everyone else talking but I’m okay with that. I don’t really like to be the center of attention.  When the dinner has concluded the band is setting up on stage while I am laying in the bunk on the bus.

Logan peeks his head into my bunk below from the bunk on top, “Boo!”

“Ah! Logan, what are you doing?” I hit him with my pillow.