Chapter 19

I woke up from my nap and Logan was still sleeping comfortably with his arms wrapped around me. I kissed him softly on the tip of his nose and his eyes flutter opened and a smile came across his lips. 

"Hey, beautiful." he said. 

"Hello." I smiled at him, "Sleep well?" 

"Yes, I did. How about you?" he asked.

"It's nice to be in your arms again." I snuggled to his chest. There was a few moment of silence before I continued, "Do you trust me?" 

"Of course!" he said. 

I took a deep breath, "Then why won't you tell me what's wrong?" 

He ran his hands through his hair, "Lex..." 

"Please?" my voice was soft and desperate. 

"Lex, I have to have surgery Thursday." he told me.

"For what!?" I asked. 

He sighed, "There's a lump on my spinal cord. It turns out it's a tumor." 

"Oh my gosh. Logan why didn't you tell me?" 

"You had enough on your plate." he said simply.

I felt bad, he thought my problems trumped his, "Well you're going to be okay, right?" 

He looked away for a moment before back at me, "I don't know. If they mess up it could affect my spinal cord and potentially paralyze me." 

"Logan," I paused, "I'm so sorry." 

"It's okay." he smiled, "Everything will be okay." 

I laid my head on his chest and silently cried so he wouldn't notice. I was really worried about him and I was really hurt he wouldn't tell me something like this. We soon heard someone walk on the bus. The curtain to my bunk opened and Travis was looking down at us. 

My eyes were puffy and swollen he could tell I had been crying, "Hey, can we be a little less touchy feely?" Travis said.

Logan sat up, "Whatever."

Travis sighed, "I need to talk to you. Can you come outside please?" 

Logan threw his head back and climbed out of the bunk and followed his dad outside. As soon as I heard the door shut I heard Travis and Logan talking through the window in my bunk. I listened closely. 

"Did you tell Lexi?" Travis asked. 

"Dad, I had too." Logan said. 

"She has enough going on right now..." Travis started. 

Logan cut him off, "Yeah so I should hide something serious in my life so she can only be more hurt to wake up Thursday morning and I'm gone." 

"Don't get defensive with me." Travis said in a warning tone. 

"I just don't know what you wanted me to do." Logan argued. 

"I just got off the phone with your mom. We're flying home tomorrow at midnight, we'll go straight to the airport after my show." he paused, "I really don't want to listen to you two fighting for the next few days." 

"Tell her that." Logan said simply. 

"Damnit Logan. Just behave." Travis said before walking away. 

I watched Logan lean against the bus and put his head in his hands. I could tell by his body language how incredibly stressed out he was. I felt so bad, I wish I could help him. I stopped watching and laid on my back. I stared up thinking about everything. My mom having a baby, my boyfriend having a tumor removed, my parents would check me into a mental institute if hadn't talked them out of it. Why is life such a pain sometimes? We all decided to go to dinner that night. It was nice seeing everyone I missed them all so much, even Jax. After the concert we all went back to the bus. After all was asleep Logan came into my bunk. 

"Hey, Lex. You awake?" he nudged my shoulder. 

"Yeah, what's up?" I moved over so he could get in. 

"I"m scared." he seemed so delicate as the moon light hit his face. 

My eyes were filled with sympathy, "What's wrong?" 

"I don't want to get surgery." he admited. 

I grazed the back of my hand across his cheek, "Don't be scared." 

"I can't help it." he responded. 

"I know." I tried to comfort him best I could but, truth be told, I was terrible at it. 

He looked into my eyes, "Come with us?" 

My face contorted into a confused face, "I can't. My dad, nor yours would let that happen." 

"Let me talk to our parents. Let me do it. If I get both of them to agree to it, will you go?" he asked. 

"Of course I would." I promised. 

He kissed my cheek and we both laid together and fell asleep slowly.

_______________________________________________

Hey guys I'm trying to be as consistent as possible but there's a lot going on with me. I just moved into college and I'm packing to move out. It's all very confusing and stressful but I'm trying by best to keep up with everything. Comment, vote, and so on. (: -beautifulgoodbyexx