Chapter 12

I whipped my head around to see my mom standing there with fury in her eyes, 'It's nothing." 

"Let me see your wrists." she demeanded. 

"What?" I yelled, 'No!" 

"Let. Me. See. Your. Wrists." she said with emphasis on each word. 

I looked at Taylor I could feel my cheeks reddening. It was all so embarressing. I held my arms out wrists down an dmy mom immediately grabed them and flipped them over. My secrets were finally exposed. My mom grazed her hand over my delicate wrist.  She started to cry which in turn made me cry. My mom left to the back of the boat assuming telling my dad what she found out. I looked at Taylor and laid backwards on the boat laying my arm over my face and breathing in. I texted Logan, "They know." before I felt the boat make a sudden jerk like its turning around. I look over at Taylor who is now giving me a look of sympathy and worry. I feel a vibration in my hand and Logan texts me back, "Call me." 

"I don't think now is the best time." I reply. 

My phone immediately starts ringing and I just hit ignore. I hit it about five times before Logan finally gives up. A half an hour later we arrive back at our docks and we give Taylor a ride home who gives me one last look of sympathy before getting out of the car. When we get home I walk in the front door. 

My dad yells, "Go to your room!" 

"Dad.." I start. 

He turns toward me, "Now!" 

I walk into my room and slam the door behind me. I'm sure that gained a few points with my parents. I hope you can feel my sarcasm. It was only a few minutes but it felt like hours when there was a knock on my door and my parents came in. Both looking concerned and confused. 

"Let me see." my dad said. 

I rolled my eyes, "Mom already saw." 

"I don't care." he paused, "I want to see for myself." I look out the window as I flip my hands over for my dad to see my vulnerable wrists and he sat down beside me, "Lex, do you want to kill yourself?" he said in a barely audible whisper choking back tears. 

"No! Of coure not!" I fight back the urge to cry by making myself anger with his ridiculous conclusion.

"Then why?" my mom stepped in. 

I sigh, "It's hard to explain." 

"Well you better try because we're lost." my dad said. 

"When I do it... you know cut. I feel like I'm releasing whatever is on my mind. It more of a visual thing than anything else." I shrug. 

"Is that why your t shirt was all bloody?" my mom asked. 

"Yes." I nod. 

"So you lied to me?" my dad said rest his elbows on his knees. 

Again I nod, "Yes, I just didn't know what to do." 

"Uhh did you ever think to tell the truth?" my mom said as if it was an obvious answer. 

"Oh yeah just tell my parents how I'm slitting my wrist which could possibly kill me if I slip up and go to far." I pause, "Brilliant idea, mom." 

"There's no need for the attitude." she says sternly. 

"I'm sorry." I mumble unlocking eyes with her. 

"You need to stop." my dad said. 

"I know." I shake my head. 

"Were going to go talk more. Until we call you just stay here. I love you so much." my dad stands and kisses my forehead before leaving. 

I sigh somewhat with relief as my door closes. I pick up my phone to call Logan and he answers barely a ring later. 

"Hello?" he says in a panic. 

"Hey." 

"What happened?" he questioned. 

"Nothing really." I pause, "I just feel like I disappointed them. They're more upset I lied than anything else." 

"I'm sorry Lex. I really wish you were here so I could hold you and tell you ever was going to be okay." 

I smile, "You could sing to me? That'll make me feel better." 

Logan then started to sing the familiar song by Maroon Five, "She WIll Be Loved" I can't help but to smile. I love him so much and he makes me feel so loved in return. I feel like we're perfect together. I hope he realizes how much I care about him. 

When he's finished I say, "Logan?" 

"Yeah?" he said. 

"I don't take you for granted, do I?" I ask nervously. 

"Of course not!" he stops, "You're going through a lot right now and you need me more than ever. It's okay." 

"I love you." I say. 

"I love you, too." he says without hesitation. 

We disconnect and I sit in my room hugging my pillow just thinking. I really wish Logan was here to hold me. He always makes me feel better. I drift off to sleep to just forget about things for awhile. 

______________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry its so short! I move into college tomorrow so its been kind of hectic.