Chapter 20

Logan's P.O.V

I wake up and Lexi is still sleeping soundly. She looks so beautiful and peaceful as she sleeps in my arms. I kiss her head softly and gently get out of bed. I look at the clock above the doorway that leads to the main part of the bus, six thirty in the morning. No wonder nobody else is awake. At least that's what I thought until I walked into the main part of my bus and saw my dad drinking coffee and reading the paper at the small table. 

"Hey, bud." he said, his voice was crackly like he just woke up it was also sad like something was wrong.

"Hey, why are you awake?" I asked. 

He shrugged his shoulders, "I couldn't sleep. You hungry?" 

"I'm good."  I sat down at the table across from my dad. 

"What's up?" he asked putting his paper down. 

I nevously fidgeted with my hands and looked at me even more concerned then before, "You see..." I couldn't finish my sentence. 

"What is it?" he asked again. 

"I know we've only be dating for a few weeks," my dad rolled his eyes, "I really do care about her and I want her to be there for me. Can she come home with us?" my heart was pounding. 

"I'm not asking Charles that." my dad said flatly. 

"I will." I jumped. 

My dad shook his head pinching the skin between his eyes, "Do you know what they're going through right now? They're not going to what Lexi to be away from them." 

I sighed and looked down, "I know." 

My dad grabbed my hand, indicating for me to look at him, "Your mother, Jax, and I will be there for you." 

"I know, I just..." I paused trying to process my thoughts so I could somewhat make sense of them, "I want her to be there. I love her and what if something happens..." 

"Stop right there!" he yelled in a hush tone so he wouldn't wake anyone up, "Nothing is going to happen to you." 

"Okay, I didn't mean to make you upset." I defended. 

"This whole thing has your mother and I in shambles. We're trying so hard to make sure you know you're going to be okay but you still don't believe us." my dad confessed. 

"There's always possibilities of mistakes." I point out. 

My dad thought hard for a few minutes and when he finally spoke he seemed confident in what he was going to say, "I don't understand why you want Lexi to go so bad but, if you can convince Charles to let her go, I'll buy the ticket."

"Thanks." I say shyly and hug my dad which we don't often do but I felt it was necessary.

Well one down one to go I thought as I sat there watching my dad finish his coffee. I love my dad dearly and my mom and even Jax for that matter. All their support means the world to me but, lets face it, I'm seventeen and in love it may not last forever and while I have it I want to make the most of it through the goods and the bads. I want Lexi by my side the whole time, I need her there. I feel strong with her. Soon we were stopped at rest stop, we had a half hour before we were on the road again, that meant I had a half hour to convince Charles to let me take his suicidal daughter away from him for a few days. Charles was in the gas station when I tapped his shoulder asking to talk to him. We walked outside and went back onto our bus.

"Everything okay?" Charles asked me.

I took a deep breath, "My surgery is tomorrow morning. I'm scared."