Chapter 5

I don't really know why I wanted to know about Travis. I guess I've always just seen the nice side of him I would never want to see him angry. The next morning we had an alarm set for 5:30 am so Logan could move to his bunk without anyone ever noticing he left. I barely nudged when he got up. I quickly fell back asleep. This day was great. Not much happened at all which made it better. We made it to Jersey late that night. Logan and I snuck out to go to the beach at about 2 am. Was having sex on the beach on your bucket list? Well it was on mine and I can cross it off the list. The following morning I woke when my dad opened the curtain to my bunk.

"Daddy!" I squealed and jumped into his arms for a tight hug.

He kisses my forehead then looked at me weird, "Why are you wearing long sleeves?"

"It was cold last night." I smiled and hugged him again, "I'm so glad you're back."

"I see where I stand." my mom said from behind.

I smiled and got out of the bunk to hug her, "Hi, mommy."

"Hi baby girl." she kissed my cheek, "Weren't getting into trouble were you?"

"Nope!" I answered.

"Speaking of trouble, you can have your laptop back." my dad said in a stern voice.

"Thanks." I said.

Right as I got my laptop back Danny interrupted and said we were all going down to the beach. It was fun to play volleyball and I would've like to tan but I didn't want to take off my shirt. When we got back to the bus Logan and I decided to take a nap. We were both woken up the bus door slammed. I look through a small crack in the curtain I saw Jax fall on the couch in the main room he seemed very upset. Then Travis walked in to door and slammed it too. He was furious.

"Is anyone in here?" he yelled.

Logan covered my mouth and motioned me to be silent. I continue to watch out the curtain.

"Dad, they all went to the arcade." Jax said.

"I don't know what to do with you Jaxson. I have no freaking clue!" Travis was so angry.

Jax looked to the floor, "I'm sorry dad."

"You're sorry? You're sorry!" he questioned, "You vandalized property!"

Logan did a face palm before mouthing to me, "idiot".

"It was an accident." Jax said looking like he was in a panic.

Travis looked to be in shock, "Oh yeah I suppose the spray can opened itself up and sprayed all over the wall! You're lucky as hell the store owner is repainting and is not getting your ass in more trouble!"

"I just thought.." he paused to find any sort of rebuttal.

"Oh this is going to be good." Travis gave an exasperated look, "Please tell me how you could make this okay logically."

Jax seemed to have accepted defeat, "I don't know dad."

"Oh no, please keep going. All this lying is really helping your case." Travis said sarcastically.

"Why don't you ever yell at Logan like this?" he was desperate to fight back.

"Don't bring your brother into this. It's not his fault he knows how to behave!"

I watched as Jax looked back towards my bunk and rolled his eyes then the guilt immediately crossed Logan's face.

Jax muttered under his breath, "No he doesn't."

Travis leaned in, "What was that?"

"Nothing." Jax said as he started to choke up, he was about to cry.

I rolled over and dug my head into Logan's chest. Logan kissed my forehead and rubbed my back. Travis just kept laying into Jax alternating between yelling and pacing I even heard Travis slap him once maybe even twice. I hated every second of it.

It finally ended and Travis said, "Go to your bunk! Don't you dare come out until I say!"

Jax ran to his bunk Logan and I could hear him sobbing. A few seconds later we heard the bus door open and close again. Logan then kissed me and crawled out of the bunk. A few minutes later I heard him open Jax's curtain.

"Hey, bud." he said in a comforting tone.

Jax sniffled his tears, "You know I almost ratted you out." he was angry.

"I know. Thanks for not doing that." Logan said.

"You're welcome."

"Are you okay?" Logan asked cautiously.

Jax seemed to hesitate before answering, "I'm fine."

Logan started to stand, "Sleep it off."

"Thanks for caring Logan."

Almost as if it was second nature Logan answered, "I always will." and walked away.

I felt so bad for Jax I really wish I would've told Travis I was in the bus before he started everything. I didn't want to hear it or see it for that matter. Logan walked off the bus and I'm not sure where he went. I saw the scissors sitting in a pocket in my bunk. I don't know why but I felt the need to cut. Not one cut or two cuts but I did six or seven. Afterwards the blood was practically pouring from my wrist. I grabbed the bloody t-shirt that was still stuff in my pillow and wrapped it around my wrist. I got out from my bunk making sure no one else was in here except for Jax. I went to the bathroom and opened the door. As I was opening the door from the outside someone was opening from the inside. I quickly hid my hand behind my back when someone opened the door.