Chapter 17.

Not knowing what to say, Samantha said "Well-" but was cut off.

   "Just like you, Alfred." said Dumbledore. "Her and her friends are up to no good almost everyday." He laughed.

   "That's nice to know." said Alfred with a grin and laugh.

   Dumbledore, looking over to see Samantha awkwardly standing there said "You may go now, Miss Swift."

   Samantha nodded, turning to Alfred and sticking out her hand. "Nice meeting you." she kindly said.

   "And you too!" he replied.

   With a smile, Samantha quickly and quietly walked out of the room. She ended up not going going back to the Gryffindor tower to Remus, but to the tree by the black lake. Since almost everyone was in class it was fairly quiet and peaceful, except for the random splash of the giant squid.There, Samantha closed her eyes and thought about how different her life would be. Everything would change. Everything has changed.

   At some point Samantha fell asleep, because when she woke up she was lying on the couch in the common room, with Remus right next to her. He smiled. "Finally decided to wake up, eh?"

   "Shut up." mumbled Samantha, not knowing what else to say. She sat up and yawned.

   "You know what tomorrow is?" Remus asked.

   Samantha sighed. She rested her head on Remus' shoulder and said "Yes."

   "You don't know how much I'll miss you... and at-" Remus started, but then stopped. He didn't exactly want to say what he was going to. "Please visit? At least send me letters."

   Samantha sat up and kissed Remus. "I promise to visit, and send letters." she said.

   "Good." said Remus as he stood up. He took Samantha's hand and led her out the door. They quietly walked, holding hands, up to the astronomy tower where they looked out at the mountains and the lake.

   At some point Samantha wrapped her arms around Remus. They stood there like that for what seems like ages.

   The sky was turning to colors when Samantha suggested they head down for dinner. Remus said "No.", then said "Doddy." A second later a wrinkled little house elf showed up.

   "Yes, mister Remus?" said the house elf, Doddy.

   "If you had some spare time, could you bring us up some dinner, please?" Remus asked kindly.

   "Yes, sir!" said Doddy. A second later he was gone.

   Remus conjured up some chairs and a small table. The second he was done Doddy showed back up with his little arms over flowing with food. The house elf quickly spread the food over the table, making it bigger too, so it would fit all of the food. When he was done Remus said "Thank you, Doddy."

   "You're welcome, sir!" said Doddy. Right after he vanished with a pop.

   Remus smiled. He walked over to Samantha and held a chair out for her. After she sat down he walked over to the other one and said "Dig in." with a smile.

Authors Note: Sorry for the late update. Hope you liked!