Chapter 8.

"Something wrong?" asked Samantha.

   Remus shrugged. "What brings you down here?" he asked, trying to change the topic.

   Samantha went with it. "I don't feel like sleeping."

   "Too many things on your mind?" Remus guessed.

   Samantha sighed. "Yeah. I guess." she said as she sat down on the couch and wrapped her arms around her knees."Life is changing... fast. I'm not sure if it's good or bad."

   "I know what you mean," said Remus.

   They sat there in silence for a few minutes, watching the fire. "I'm sorry. It's all my fault." said Remus.

   Samantha looked up at him. "For what?" asked Samantha, totally confused.

   "I brought you into this mess." he weakly said.

   "What mess? Honestly, Remus..." said Samantha.

   "Don't you see? This is a mess, not something good. Becoming an animagus, that was a bad choice. Don't you know what that means?" Remus said.

   Samantha's temper was rising, she didn't know what to say so she said what came to mind first. "Yes, I know what this means! I'll get to spend more time with you!" she yelled.

   Remus sat there, shocked, eyes locked on the fire. "I'm going upstairs." she huffed as she left the room.

   Did she REALLY just say that?! thought Remus. She couldn't have meant it in THAT way...

   The next morning, Samantha walked down stairs to find Remus sleeping in the chair by the fire. It was at least 10 in the morning, so she decided to wake him up. "Good morning." she whispered in his ear.

   Remus' eyes flickered open. "Wha-what?" he asked.

   Samantha smiled. "You fell asleep down here."

   "That explains a lot." he said. Remus saw the look on Samantha's face. "Just a dream." he said.

   "Tell me about it." she said, acting as if she didn't know what happened. She took a seat next to him. Luckily it was a love chair, so she fit in with out it being too awkward.

   "No," he said. "It's stupid."

   "Did it go a little like this?" she asked. Then told him about last night.

   "Ye-yeah," said Remus. He thought for a moment. "So, that was real not a dream?!"

   "Mmmhhmm" Samantha stretched out. She was questioning whether telling him was a good thing or a bad thing.

   Remus sat there for a moment, then leaned over and kissed Samantha on the lips. "I like you, do you like me?" he said with confidence in his voice.

   Samantha smiled. "Yes, I do. A lot." she shyly said.

Authors Note: I had other pans about how to get them together. One I liked more than this, but this fit Remus better and I'd have to include some later info about Sam. Well, hope you liked! Thanks for reading.