This Is My Doom-Stick

A/N: I will give a dedication to the first person to name the movie reference :P Because I am just THAT awesome LOL :D

________________________________________________________________________

Gideon was sitting on the mantel place again, leaned back, one leg crossed over the other at the knee, foot kicking in the air. Not a worry in the world, despite the tomato slowly dripping out of her hair. This was one of those times in Gideon's life where she realized that as bad as she must look, the other guys definitely looked worse. Usually that kind of sentiment would involve a bloody nose at least, but the only red dripping was the food dye and the tomato juice. All in all an excellent way to brawl. Hey that rhymed. Gideon giggled softly to herself.

"I think our Councillor has had the brains tomatoed right out of her head." Ankou stated blandly to his cohorts, filthy and tired looking, patches of skin dyed fruit loops multicolour.

"Do you think we should check and see if she's ok?" Luna asked, being bold in speaking out.

The convict was closest to Gideon and since he agreed that she looked a little dazed, laughing soflty to herself, he reached out to her.

"You don't want to touch me." Gideon warned, turning serious. There was a flash of hurt in the young man's eyes and then it was gone and he sneered at her. Gideon wanted to kick herself because that had come out and been interpreted all wrong. "I've got a nasty case of the cooties and it'll make you all tingly. Like pins and needles all throughout, worse the longer you hang on." she had to explain. It was her job to open them up, not shut them down and that meant offering her own vulnerability sometimes. They had no reason to trust her yet and so the tap dance begins.

They were all looking at her oddly, as if not understanding that she's being completely honest. "I can tone it down if I know I need to give you guys hugs or help you but.... try not to grab me by surprise. It won't hurt you or do any damage. Unless I want to or you hang on too long." she smiled as she said that last part, wanting them confused on whether she was pulling one over on them or not. "So, why don't you guys go get cleaned up, we'll go grab some grub and meet back here to go over what you thought of today."

"That was either some of the worst grammar I've heard from a grown woman or the most twisted implied instructions ever." The witch mocked rudely.

Gideon looked at the witch and noticed the tight lines of the young woman's mouth. Lines that had no buisness on the fact of a seventeen year old. The first signs of her inevitable withdrawal, and soon enough Gideon would be flexing some incorporeal muscles. "Go forth and cleanse my pretties. I'll russle up food and meet you all back here." Gideon waved them off and got up.

A hop, skip and a jump later, Gideon returned squeaky clean and laden down with food for all. The rest of her kids were just settling down, tv on a cartoon for kids their age. Gideon walked in and set out the food on the mantel, setting it out so everyone could serve themselves a little bit of everything. They didn't all share the same eating habits, but she did notice how the lycanthrope resisted the food until last, ate the least and then made a trip to the bathroom less than thirty minutes later. This was something she'd have to head off right now.

Excusing herself from the others, she went after the cat-girl, wanting to give her the benefit of the doubt, but knowing that it was safer not to. As sweet as Luna Swiftfang was, she was also a killer when her animal instincts took over. It was Gideon's job to try and help the girl to dance with her demon, not cower before it. So she followed along as kitty went to the ladies and tried to lock the world out. Which is when Gideon had to decide between ninja and viking. Ninja (picking the lock) would be slower but would likely catch her in the act. Viking (kicking in the door) would be more dramatic but the girl will waste time denying it.