Unofficial House Rules

Gideon walked into the boys' side of the dorms, intending to pull Luc aside and have a few private words with him while she could, but a distinct rustling from one of the boy's bed chased her from the room. Gideon stood outside the boys dorm and felt her cheeks burn an almost unbearable crimson as her brain finally caught up with her instincts and explained why she'd fled like her life depended on it. It was the early morning hours and her boys all thought the others were asleep. These were teenaged males too, what the hell did she expect? There's only one explanation for that kind of rhythmic russling under a blanket and her night sight was good enough that she knew that he wasn't just scratching an itch.

"Sorry you had to see that." Virgil's quiet voice said and Gideon actually jumped. The thing about startling a Fury though is that her nature bled through during the moments her control laxed and suddenly Virigl was flodded with a momentary brush of the rage she always kept bottled down. Then she cut it off so quickly the empath actually staggered.

"Sorry." Gideon hissed softly, catching the convict as he slumped in the aftermath. With an awkward hobble, she dragged him over to the couch she'd been sleeping on and dumped him in the still warm blankets. "I really have to set down some unofficial house rules." Gideon mumbled as she fussed over the convict in her intake.

"What, unofficial rule number one, no pocket pool?" Virgil snarked and Gideon grinned at him.

 "I'm not going to forbid you guys from yanking on your stress killers. I just don't want to be forcably reminded that I'm working with four boys who have very little control over the fact that they are walking erections." Gideon tried to play off how it had embarassed her. The honest truth was that at this stage in her life, her sexual experiences were probably lacking in the breadth and depth that her intake kids likely had. She wasn't a virgin, but a distinct lack of normal relationship options had rendered her knowledge on the topic pitifully sparse.

"When I feel a strong enough wave of mortification that it wakes me up from sleep, you're not talking me out of believing that you were embarassed to hell and back." Virgil retorted, making Gideon frown at him. She wasn't used to anyone being able to read her, and she definitely wasn't used to people pushing her once she indicated that she didn't want to talk about things. Outside Doctor Cyr, there weren't a whole lot of people, human or portentum, that were willing to risk her possible temper to find out what made the mind behind the monster tick.

"So you know about the Incubus' situation hmm?" Gideon changed the topics, seeming to regain the sense of authority that kept the kids in fear and resentment towards her.

The convict nodded, making a face. " Yeah. Kid had no clue. Thanks for the heads up on that one." he grumbled.

"Excuse me? I didn't think I needed to run one of my kids' sexual orientation passed you." Gideon replied, keeping the anger out of her voice. It was still week one and these little lovely idiots believed that they could beat the system. Go along to get along as it were. That wasn't what Gideon wanted, she wanted them to really start to think and get passed the limitations they've placed on themselves.

Gideon's teeth clenched when suddenly she felt a wave of confused sexual arousal brush passed her and then recoil in fear. The empath had pushed the sensation on her and the Fury in her responded. Gideon lunged across the couch and had her hand wrapped around the boys throat in less than an eyeblink, and jsut as quickly pulled herself away and was on the other side of the room. Virgil was staring at the House Councillor in shock, but Gideon was facing the wall, hands carefully splayed against the cool wall and she was breathing deep, slow breaths.

"I don't feel a damn thing from you right now." Virgil stared at Gideon's back, eyes wide but not from fear. If the empath closed his eyes right now and reached out with his gift, he still wouldn't feel a thing from where Gideon was standing, it was almost like he was alone in the room. "How?" he sounded eager now, coming to stand behind Gideon.