No Laughing Matter

Gideon ran with murder dancing in her gut; the ecstatic tattoo of her rapid heartbeat gave a musical accompaniment to the violence that radiated from her entire frame. And for once she wasn't required to lock it all away. With a fire breathing dragon at her back, several snarling witches and warlocks; and one heavily armed golem along for the ride, Gideon was in good company.

The day had started out well enough with Jasper in Doctor Cyr;s bad graces and his intake forgetting the Flag, Gideon's intake was given the reward of choosing where they'd have the day off. It wasn't an open choice though, more of a pick the location off of a list of preapproved destinations. Gideon knew what the choices were and left the pick up to the majority vote.  Though taking in the personalities that made up this intake, she figured that they would pick the rollercoaster park; it was her own favourite place to go. There was just something so cathartic about scaring the bejeesus out of yourself, screaming, running around like small children and eating crappy food at wildly inflated prices. For a little while creatures like Gideon could let a little of the darkeness loose. Even the most mundane of her kids would enjoy the thrills the Rollerland offerend. And Gideon was grateful to get a little time off site. Spending most of the last four years living pretty much in the Camp, every now and again Gideon got the urge to get away.

She had a huge grin on her face as she stepped off the bus and a moment later dodged a slapping hand. All week Virgil had been like this; openly flirtatious. He was trying to push Gideon's buttons and the imp in Gideon's soul loved the game. But she always rebuffed his flirtations without outright rejecting him, driven with the increasing need to figure outt what the convict had meant by his remarks about his own records.

"How exactly shall I used today to learn rule number two hmmm?" Virgil drawled as he stepped next to Gideon, not seeming to mind that his hand had missed her ass.

Gideon ignored the lewd conotations his words brought to mind and simply shrugged. "You tell me, I figured you're bright enough to have at least learned something after this week." Gideon challeneged. Her attention was only half on the empath and he followed her gaze up ahead.

"I can tell that ever since the douche bag railed at Luna you've been following her everytime she goes to the bathroom. And you're only slightly less vigilante than Peter there. And even I don't need to be an empath to know how frustrating his continuing willful ignorance is when it comes to his complete nature." Virgil stated blandly.

Gideon gave a humourless laugh and nodded. "But you didn't answer my question. What have you specifically learned this week?" She wondered if he'd actually give her a straight answer for once.

"That you're a lot more fun when you're impulsive." Virgil taunted, eyes glittering amusedment as he'd once again gained her complete attention. The Councillor rolled her eyes and walked quicker, trying to maneouver away. A smile tugged at the corners of her mouth as she caught Vrigil chasing after her, and the predator in her soul begged to ambush him. "I'll show you what I've learned about not getting caught if you really want me to." his voice was a purr of delightful promises and Gideon grinned a little primally.

"You're on." she accepted without thinking about the repercussions. It was jst too much to pass up on, her nature demanded some kind of release. It was hard to bend your darkest impulses to do your bidding but never give in to them.

Up ahead Gideon could still see fragile Luna and carefully protective Peter. They were an odd pair, not quite a couple but not anywhere near as simple as friendship. Where ever Luna went, Peter would go along, like a shadow or an ambulatory teddy bear. Whenever Gideon felt like she had to step in to stop Luna from purging, Peter was already there. And yet somehow little Luna hand't become dependant on the boy. She was pushing him to embrace learning about being a Wendigo but he was resisting. She wanted to share with someone the joys and terrors of an animalistic alter ego. He seemed afraid that learning about it would somehow make the Wendigo stronger and harder to control. Gideon had made the Doctor away of the blossoming romance and he seeemed amused by it. She kept to herself the fact that there wasn't quite a relationsip between Virgil and herself. Despite her actions in the mall, Gideon hadn't entertained any other intimate contact with the convict. She wanted to, he certainly seemed willing enough, but she acted as if it wasn't an option. Of course this didn't stop the convict from flirting outrageously with the Fury, blatantly and with the encouragement of his peers. Even worst, Gideon's own friends seemed enamoured with the idea of a soap opera style secret love affair. They still didn't know the pertinent details, like what had already happened between the two.