Well, this went horribly right....

"Hello intake five, Echoes and Night Shift. Week two. You guys just got the whole rigormorale inside. Win the flag, get to choose. Or steal it. I'm here to teach you how to do that second one." Intake 5's Councillor Gideon stated and Virgil couldn't help but feel the shock from those around him. Well that was a lie, he could in fact help it, it was supposed to be the empath's job to NOT have his emotional 'feelers' out. But he liked to know what was going to happen before it did, and after this long doing what he did and being who he was, it would take more than a few clever speeches from doctors and Councillors to rectify his behaviour.  

He watched in silence as the kids bombarded the Councillors with questions and smiled with a faint trace of pride as their Councillor, Gideon, just ignored the babble. "There are an unknown number of traps out there. They are not likely to hurt you, and I want you to find them, and disable them. If you are succesful, you'll earrn a chance to ask any of us a question. One caveat, because I know my group is desperate to ask, but I will not answer certain questions. I told you about that at the very beginning and if you waste one of your questions asking me it now, I'll still not answer and you've just wasted a question. Don't be blockheads." she warned. He locked eyes with the fiesty Councillor, knowing that she'd included that final warning just for him. He knew whht she was, and she also knew that he wanted to press her buttons. There was something about provoking the most dangerous creature you could, and Virgil knew that if she'd be apprised of his particular backstory, Gideon would probably be a lot more willing to play rough. But there would be time for that later.

"How are we supposed to find them?" One of the other kids asked and the empath tried not to huff with impatience. It's why he had a criminal record, far too often he didn't take his time and ended up busted for it.

"Look." The golem Councillor replied.

"How are we supposed to disable them?" one of Xavier's kids asked.

"Figure it out." The witch Councillor replied.

Virgil's fellow intake just stared at their Councillor, watching with suspicious eyes. She smiled back at them, and Virgil grinned because it was obvious that she was aware that they assumed the worst; that she had been a complete dick while setting the traps. With the look of smug pride glowing in her eyes, Virgil was sure Gideon had in fact made this as difficult and humiliating as possible.

"Peter, I want to speak to you a bit before you head out alright?" Gideon asked the Wendigo, and Virgil had to suppress a jealous snarl. Eventually Gideon would have to take more time aside and then he could possible have a chance to show her what exactly it was that made him so special too.

About ten steps into the tree line and Virgil pulled his focus back onto the task at hand. He'd almost fallen into a pit trap and gotten strug up by a snare trap. Gideon sure knew how to set a well concealed trap and the empath was hard pressed not to become another victim to the Fury.

Virgil's attention was drawn to the side bushes as he heard the unmistakable sound of sneezing. Curiosity gave the cat sniffles in this case, not death, Virgil realized as he peered through the leaves. Luna, the cat girl, had apparently followed her nose right into a fresh pile of wolfsbane. Even without heightened senses the empath could smell it and he grimaced at how numbing it had to be for the lycanthropes in the mixed groups. Luna sneezed a few more times, then started to touch her nose as if she just realized that her sense of smell had be numbed. Virgil was about to walk off when he noticed that he wasn't the only one watching the cat girl.

Less carefully concealed across the way was Ankou, the necromancer watching Luna with disgust clear on his face. Virgil frowned and stayed carefully hidden as the necromancer stepped out of the bushes. "Luna, are you alright?" he asked, tone and face pleasant despite the hatred Virgil had seen a moment ago.