Unstealthiest Ninja

A/N: Image to the side is by the VERY talented Canadian artist Alison Acton and she is hilarious. I recommend her comic Bear Nuts because it is so very funny and so very not right sometimes.

______________________________________________________________

Gideon could tell by the smell of her kids' sleep that she had only been back in the House for an hour at the most. After recovering the injured Luna and pulling Peter back out of his Wendigo self, Doctor Cyr had known that Gideon needed to run herself out before she could be near others again. It was the cost she paid to use her Fury without ever giving in to the kill, and he understood how she would appreciate privacy while she pushed herself to physical collapse. Only then could she crawl back to where others were and pretend to be as normal as they were for a while longer.

With an hour of rest in her after a rather full day of events, Gideon found herself graceless for the first time in a long while. Walking into the boy's side of the House to wake Peter, her shuffled feet didn't quite clear the lip of the floor and Gideon went down, too tired to even brace right for her impact with the floor. Gideon's groan was muffled under the sounds of four teenaged boys waking up in various stages of startlement. From Ankou (who seemed to be a disturbingly heavy sleep) and his grunt, to Virgil waking up as she opened the door, and then he burst into laughter as her face hit the floor.

Met you your match. Gideon's Fury chittered in her head, and Gideon pushed herself up into a seated position, irritated to find her nose broken and bleeding. Holding her hand to her face, Gideon mumbled under her breath while the boys in her intake scrambled out of thier beds to check on her. It seemed to startled all four of them, and Head Councillor Hasselberry when Gideon growled at them all when they got too close to her and her spilled blood. Thankfully Head Councillor Hasselberry started to direct the boys back into bed, though he did instruct Peter to wait outside.

"Can you get me some bleach?" Gideon asked, her voice muffled while she held her nose. She had seen the way Ankou had watched her blood pool on the floor boards, and with her Fury in ascention, Gideon couldn't help but notice the potential danger. Sometimes she could talk herself into feeling like a normal Portentum, but then there were days like today and Gideon was once again brought back to reality. She couldn't get a cut or a hairstyle without some interesting safety procautions. Her blood, her hair, and at one point in time her touch, were all death. She'd learned to tone down a lot of that since being a child, but her life was lived best in caution and paranoia.

Of course none of that helped when Virgil pulled her to her feet and she saw him boldly suck some of her blood off of his finger. The growl rumbled low in Gideon's throat again, a warning that cut off when Fred Hasselberry came back in. Her logical, in control brain registered that Fred had the bleach she asked for and Gideon made use of it while the primal part of her brain was thinking.

For the next few days, Gideon would be hyperaware of her instinctive side, and it would be awkward and uncomfortable until her Primal side settled down. While she was stuck with a peanut gallery though, Gideon was going to be a might be jumpier than usual. Definitely not a mere mortal Empath if our blood has no adverse affects, Fury side mused. And because that part of her was so close to the surface, Gideon had no real warning that her Furyside was going to purposefully send a jolt out that made even Virgil flinch.

"Just because it's not in my body anymore doesn't make it any safer to play with." Gideon warned to Virgil, voice softer than cobwebs.

"Promises, promises." Virgil breathed back and then Gideon walked away, fighting with her Fury half. The dark voice in her brain very much wanted to go back and continue what looked like a very fun way to pass the time. But Gideon's sense of duty was far stronger and instead she walked with Hasselberry to go visit Luna. Peter walked quickly ahead, and without a word stopping him, both Councillors watched as he broke into a jog, and then a run, suddenly needing to be there already.