*Chapter 4: Demons*

Hey guys!! Above is the song My demons by the band Starset  :D i feel it fits well with the second half of the chapter :3 Thanks so much for the support guys! Enjoy this update :D

Remember to vote & share if you like <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache. Looking at the clock I saw it was only 8am. The windows blinds were shut but I still felt like the room was brighter than the sun. Sitting up, I realized I still had the same clothes from last night.

"oh god..." I muttered to myself as events from last night come rushing back to my head like a bullet train. I only get bits and pieces but its enough. Let's just say, the Valentinos know how to throw a party and after my 7th shot of tequila, I lost all reasoning. I was in no rush to go to sleep sober and have a restless night full of nightmares.

I tried not to turn into an alcoholic but sometimes it was the only way I could sleep without nightmares. I close my eyes again trying to calm my headache but to no avail. A knock on my door sounded like someone was hitting my head with a mallet.

Opening the door, I see Alexander standing there. "You look horrible" he said as a matter of factly as he looked me over, making me feel a little self – conscious. I didn't look at myself in the mirror, but I felt like crap, it was safe to say I looked like it too.

"Thanks." I answered sarcastically "What do you need?

"There's a meeting at 10am in the conference room downstairs. I need you to be there. We have important things to discuss. Please make yourself presentable Signorina Nyx. Ill have someone bring you breakfast in a couple of minutes." With that he left without another word.

Someone needs to remove the stick up their ass, asap.

I walked over to the bathroom and stared at my reflection in the mirror. My eyeliner and mascara were all smudged, my eyes had bags under them and I couldn't even begin to describe my hair. I felt disgusted at what I saw, no wonder Alexander looked at me the way he did.

You're filthy! A little bitch that nobody wants. On top of that you're a fucking failure! The deep voice echoed inside my head. My eyes were already watering when a maid called out from my room that she brought breakfast.

I yelled at her to leave it on the nightstand and stared at my reflection once again.

"You're not a failure. You were not born for this, you adapted." I tell myself over and over again. Blinking away the tears threatening to spill, I strip down and step into the shower.

Hot water caresses my skin as it mixes with the tears spilling out. I stood there staring at the tiled wall trying to cry and failing like I failed every single time.

***

About ten men sat around the conference room. Alexander wasn't there yet but when I looked at the time, it was a quarter passed 10am.

There were two empty chairs along the long conference table in the middle of the room. It was clear Alexander handled the family business like a company and very seriously.

The chair at the far end was obviously for Alexander, so I opted for the other chair right next to Angelo.

"Good morning Nyx!" Angelo chirped

"well it's a morning, I'll give you that" the room was incredibly bright and since my hungover wasn't getting any better the chatter around the room sounded louder than what it should have.