*Chapter 27: Broken*

My hands trembled as I paced around in my room. Had I really done it? Had I really killed Nelson Valentino. Had I killed the father of the man that saved not only me but my soul?

So many questions rushed through my mind. That night was so blurry in my head, I had blocked it out to protect myself from so much suffering. I hazily remember pulling the trigger that night. I needed answers and as much as I loathed it, there was only one person who could give them to me.

Taking out my phone I dialed and waited for him to pick up.

"Skylar. I knew you were going to call me soon." His voice cut through the silence.

"Maxwell..."

"What can I do for you? Not that I should considering what you stole from me and my client."

"cut the crap, I know you're in New York and we need to talk"

"Of course, we do. Ill send the coordinates of a meeting place."

With that the call ended. Looking at the clock I saw it was nearing 2:00am. Everyone was asleep and if Alexander was awake, he was in his office to busy blaming me for everything to notice. Although if I did kill his father, he would be right.

Hoping I was wrong about everything, I placed my katana on my back and my glock on my thigh holster. If I was going to see my father, I wasn't going to be stupid enough to go unarmed.

Grabbing a set of keys from the garage, I walked over to Alexander amazing black motorcycle.

Not wanting to make any noise, I pushed the motorcycle all the way out the villa before putting on my helmet, turning it on and leaving.

The cold night air hit my whole body as I rushed down the streets of New York. I tried to empty my thoughts as I got closer to the coordinates my father sent me, but it was no use. I sped up as I screamed at the top of my lungs until my throat felt hoarse. I needed to let out the frustration before seeing him. He may not have any control over me anymore, but I wasn't about to show him any type of weakness.

A couple minutes later, I pulled over at Central Park. Although this was the city that never sleeps, the park was very empty. Only the occasional night owl here and there. I walked through the silent and dark park until I saw him.

He was sitting on a bench, his hands in the pockets of his coat and a blank stare in front of him. We didn't look at each other as I sat down right next to him. Staring at the park in front of me just as he was.

"Did you know?" I asked him, still not looking at him.

"Did I know what?"

"Cut the crap. Did you know when you sent me to the Valentino's?"

"That it was you who was sent to kill your little boy toys father?" he smiled "Of course I did."

"You didn't think it important to tell me that?" my fists clenched in anger.

"It wouldn't have made a difference. You were under orders to go."

"If I had known the truth, I wouldn't have..." I stopped myself mid-sentence.

"Gotten attached? Opened your slut legs to that man?" he answered, making get up, sword in hand pointed directly at his neck.

If looks could kill, he would have been dead a long time ago. At the same time, my heart was breaking. This man, this monster of a man was my father and he didn't care what happened to me as long as he got what he wanted.

"Did you ever care about me at all?" I asked holding back my tears. I was not about to cry in front of him. "Did you ever actually love me? Was I just another weapon for you from the moment I was born?" I demanded answers but as always, I got none. He just stared at me with the same emotionless face as always.