*Chapter 31: Diamond*

ABOVE IS THE SONG BORN FOR THIS BY THE SCORE. IT DOESN'T REALLY GO WITH THE CHAPTER IVE JUST BEEN OBSESSED WITH IT.

HAPPY READING!

Love, GrissyQuinn! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"C'mon you can do it!" Alexander chanted. "Step by step babe" he continued. "You can..."

"Stop speaking to me like a child!" I protested.

Since I was in bed for a couple of weeks, my body had to get accustomed to walking again. Alexander was holding on to my hand helping me walk and he took it upon himself to act like I was a toddler learning how to walk again.

"Im just trying to help" he smirked at me."

"You can help by just holding my hand, you don't need to talk to me as if Im a child." I sat down on the chair placed on the other side of the room. "Im a feared assassin and that's just insulting."

He laughed "I thought I was being all motivational there"

"Its demeaning!"

"Alright I'll stop" he kneeled in front of me "But you need to keep going c'mon." Smiling he takes my hands in his and helps me up.

"Walk me to somewhere else in the house. Ive been staring at the same four walls for days."

"You sure you can make it to the living room?"

I glared at him "I am not useless, Alexander!"

He threw his hands up "I never said you were, Sky!"

"Then stop acting like I am and let's just walk somewhere else" I hated how he was acting. I knew he was just worried about me and was trying to help but I wasn't used to people helping me out like this and having him do that just made me feel useless and pathetic.

Throwing my arms around his neck, I stared up at him "Im sorry. Its just... I'm Skylar Diamond. Im supposed to be this badass chic and instead I'm here in Rudolf pajama pants and a white hoodie learning how to freaking walk again. You speaking to me like a child or like Im made of glass and about to break is not helping me feel better at all."

He placed a soft kiss on my lips and smiled "I understand but Im just worried about you. Im trying to be helpful"

I give him a look that makes him sigh and roll his eyes "Ill try to not speak to you like a child"

"Thank you! That's all Im asking" I placed a kiss on his lips "Now lets go to the living room or something."

Step by step we made our way to the living room. Every step felt like needles poking my feet all the way up to my legs. It was Christmas eve and although we hadn't had the best couple of days Lianna and my mother were insisting that we at least had dinner and exchanged gifts at midnight. Which was an inconvenience to me since I wasn't in any shape to go shopping. Everyone of course understood my situation but I couldn't help but feel guilty about being the only one in the group getting gifts but not giving them.

Chatter and bickering got louder the closer we go to the living room. It wasn't that far away from the room I was in but to me it felt like a freaking marathon.

"UNO!" Eric exclaimed as we reached the living room.

"No fucking way!" Cassian responded by throwing a draw four.

"Fucking dick!" Eric pouted. You just cant stand the fact that I'm beating your asses.

Eric, Cassian, Jeremy and Angelo were gathered in a circle on the floor. Uno cards stacked up in front of them. Eric had a sour expression on his face as the rest of the guys had smirks on their faces. My mom and the other girls were all sitting down around the room talking amongst themselves.