*Chapter 18: Letting go & Moving on*

ABOVE IS THE SONG ALL OF ME WITH JOHN LEGEND AND LINDSEY STIRLING. ITS THE SONG PLAYED AT THE THIRD HALF OF THE CHAPTER! :D YOU'LL KNOW WHEN!

ANYWAYS GUYS! HAPPY READING!! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes opened to a set of arms still wrapped around me. Alexanders breathing was steady and a bit relaxing as he slept. He had fallen asleep instantly once we settled into place. I however had no such luck.

Insomnia riddled me for hours on end. Finally, I decided to take a short walk to clear my head. Slowly, slipping out of Alexanders grasp, I slip on one of his t-shirts that was laying around the room and padded out of the room.

Before I knew it, I end up in the garden where I somehow always end up when I can't sleep. The night was silent, and the sky was cloudy. Even in the darkness of the garden, there were no stars to be seen thanks to the clouds. It seemed like it was going to rain but none the less I found myself sitting down on the grass.

My mind went back to Alexanders touch on my body and how I panicked at the last second. I was so sure, I was ready to move on from my demons and in a way, I did. I just didn't go all the way through like I thought I was ready to do.

Tears ran down my face as I thought about everything. I don't know how much time passed before I felt Alexander sit next to me on the grass. Wiping the tears from my eyes, I look over at him.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were asleep."

"I actually woke up the moment you left but I figured you needed a bit of time alone." He said as he gently moved my gaze to look at him "Skylar, you need to talk to me. I've given you time and if you don't want to, I'm not going to force you, but you have to tell me what's been haunting you all these years."

I knew he was right, I needed to tell him what I had been through, not just for him but for me as well. I needed to open to people again, I need to be the Skylar I was or a stronger version of her.

"When I first started at D. Impero, it's safe to say I wasn't the best at completing the tasks I was given. I was bad at combat and I was even worse at weapons. Mainly because I didn't want to be good at them in the first place. All I wanted was my life back, I was heart broken that my parents were part of this other life I was so disgusted at. Jeremy was doing his best at training me and being there for me, he was making sure I didn't go through any harsh training, but my father had other plans." I swallowed back the tears that were already threatening to spill.

"I was asleep one night, I remember my body was aching all over from how hard I worked at training. I woke up to some guys grabbing me and sticking a needle in my neck that put me right back to sleep. I don't know how much time passed before I woke up tied to a chair and my father entering the room I was in. He looked so calm, he didn't even care how I was being treated. Yet for some reason I had hopes my father was still in there but then he did what made me realize he was never who I thought he was."  A cold breeze made me shiver as I continued to speak. I wasn't looking at Alexander, but I knew he was listening.

"My father told me he had been looking at my reports, he was ashamed that his down daughter couldn't even hold a gun properly. He said it was lack of motivation and that he had the perfect solution for it. He had sent Jeremy out on a mission that lasted more than a week just, so he could leave me with the most disgusting man on the planet. His name was Johnson. He didn't just create my demons, he became my demons. He broke me into unrecognizable pieces."

"What did he do to you?" Alexander asked softly as tears streamed down my face.

"I spent what felt like days in and out of consciousness with just enough water to keep me alive and just bites of bread. I was whipped, stabbed, almost drowned as he yelled at me that was I was born to kill, to kill, to kill and to kill with no mercy. I'm pretty sure everyone heard my screams of mercy. 'P-Please-e S-Stop' I pleaded before electricity flowed through my legs, arms and abdomen making me seize and cry out in pain. He didn't listen though, he didn't care if I died right there and then. I remember his exact words. 'I will not stop until I feel you have the right motivation!' and then he sent electricity again and I screamed again in pain until I passed for what felt like the thousandth time in the time I was there." I looked to see Alexander trying not to burst out with rage and just looked at me with compassion.