chapter nine

// i may or may not have a weird obsession with staring at the sky okay.

sorry it's been a while, i have had that much bloody school work...

and... THANKS SO MUCH FOR OVER 250K on bad boys don't smile

 THANKS SO MUCH FOR OVER 250K on bad boys don't smile

//

dan

Dan looks down, twisting his fingers around in anticipation.

He doesn't think he can make it through class. He wants to just leave this place, he doesn't care anymore. He just wants to see Phil Lester right now.

Phil Lester is the only thing which makes Dan's world piece together, the only thing which makes Dan want to piece his world back together.

Dan looks to his left, out the window beside him. The grey clouds drifting across the bright-yet-kinda-stormy sky look so pretty that Dan feels more calm. He loves watching clouds just drift through the sky.

"Howell, what's the answer?" Mr Malo, Dan's short and angry ancient history teacher, asks while staring at Dan with narrowed and accusing eyes.

"I-I d-don't know," Dan stammers, looking down and blushing.

"Howell was too busy thinking about what having emotions would feel like!" Alfie pipes up from the row behind Dan, a smirk on his face.

"Now, now Alfie," Mr Malo says dismissively before turning back to Dan with an angry look, "and you'd better listen in my lessons from now on Howell. Even if you can't feel it, try to look interested at least."

Dan looks at his desk, his hands balled into tight fists, his nails making crescent shaped indents in his palms. Dan feels his face flush bright red and his jaw set into a hard line. Dan wants the world to swallow him whole at this moment.

No matter what, he's never going to fit in here, ever. He'll never be accepted by everyone, he'll always be labelled as a freak as soon as someone looks at him. He hates that, he hates himself, HE HATES IT.

When the bell rings, Dan remains in his seat, staring emptily at his desk while he is lost inside his mind. He feels a tap on his shoulder and turns to face his teacher whom he hates with a burning passion.

"Howell, the class is over," Mr Malo snaps, his arms folded across his chest.

Dan ignores him.

"Howell, this class is over. Are you deaf as well?" He snarls, an angry face floating above his head.

Dan drags his eyes from his desk to the teacher, hurt and anger shining in his chocolate eyes.