chapter thirteen

/ sorry it's been so long! blame school. /

phil (i don't think i've done many phil povs oops)

Phil sits up, looking around to find that he is in an empty room.

Cautiously, he swings his legs over the edge of the mattress, stepping onto the carpeted floor beneath him. The bed disappears; it's just him in his pyjamas and socks.

He looks upwards to see his mood has turned to one which can only be described as fear. He can hear yelling through the walls, muffled voices. Suddenly, a door appears in the wall. Phil steps towards it, his fingers wrapping around the cold metal handle and twisting it. The door's hinges creaks as it swings open.

Phil has to blink rapidly and shield his eyes to adjust to the brightness. Suddenly, he's just standing in the middle of school. His friends are there, sitting at their table. That's when he sees that Dan is there too.

Phil steps towards them, saying hello but none of them take notice. Phil tries to tap Dan on the shoulder but finds that his fingers slip right through his figure, as if he's a ghost. Phil frowns, trying to gain his friends notice with no success.

Phil starts to panic(!) when he looks up  to see his mood is shrinking along with him. As he grows smaller, darkness is surrounding him, engulfing him, seizing him. He closes his eyes to stop tears from falling...

"Phil! Time for school honey!" His mother says, opening Phil's bedroom door and looking at her son, who's back is faced towards her.

"Okay," Phil mumbles into his pillow, sighing heavily as he listens to her footsteps until they fade away.

Phil sits up, touching his cheek to find traces of long gone tears. He looks over at Winston, who must have abandoned Phil for flailing too much in his sleep, to find him sleeping merrily on tøp of Phil's desk - on his homework to be exact.

Phil gets out of bed, standing still for a moment to gather his thoughts. Parts of his dream are already fading from his memory, but an ominous feeling still remains. He can feel it hanging over him like a cloud. Phil then looks up.

Oh, well that would explain the cloud feeling.

Phil currently has a large, heavy, grey cloud above him. These are times when Phil really hates moods. Phil walks downstairs and his mother gives him a strange look, her eyes flickering between Phil's face and the cloud hovering above him.

"What's wrong honey?" She asks gently and also worriedly?

"Bad sleep," Phil lies, pouring himself some cereal before sitting on a stool at the bench to eat his breakfast.

"I've just never seen your mood like that," she says, looking at Phil.

Phil looks up at his mother. For the first time, he notices the smudges of black beneath her eyes, he notices the way her shoulders droop slightly forward, the way her skin is the kind of sickly pale... Phil frowns, wondering how he never noticed this before.

"Are you okay mum?" Phil asks.

"Yes honey, I'm fine," she says with a tight smile.

"Are you sure? You don't look fine," Phil says doubtfully, narrowing his eyes with suspicion.

"I'm fine Phil, just a bit tired, like you," she says, stepping beside him and pulling him into a hug, "everything will be fine, I promise."

"Okay, I love you mum," Phil says, hugging her tightly back.

"Now you'd better get ready for school," she says, stepping back, "you don't want to be late!"

Phil smiles and nods, turning and walking upstairs to his room. After showering and getting dressed, Phil looks in the mirror to see that his mood has changed. It's now a smaller cloud with the sun starting to shine through.

Phil still feels slightly... Worried. But he trusts his mother, as she trusts him. Maybe those thoughts were all just his mind over exaggerating things. Yes, that was probably it, Phil thinks, everything is fine.

When Phil arrives at school, he walks over to Dan, who is sat on a bench by himself, pulling his earphones out. Dan smiles up at Phil, and then the last traces of cloud melt away so just the sun remains above him.

"Morning D-Slice," Phil says with a grin, sitting on the seat beside Dan, "how are we this morning?"

"G-good until y-you called m-me d-d-slice," Dan says with a small giggle, "H-how are y-you?"

"I'm good," Phil says with a smile, "I'm just a bit worried about my mum."

Phil looks down, missing the strange expression which briefly crosses over Dan's face.

"I-I'm sure sh-she's fine," Dan says, hesitantly placing a hand on Phil's shoulder.

"Thanks Dan," Phil says with a smile, "now will you meet just a few of my friends today? Please?"

"I-are y-you sure t-that's a good i-idea?" Dan asks with a frown.

"Yes, they'll love you I promise," Phil says supportively, standing up, "come on I'll introduce you now."

"O-okay?" Dan says but it sounds more like a question.

Dan stands up slowly and before he can do anything else, Phil has grabbed his wrist and his dragging him towards a group of three people. Phil stops in front of them.

"Hey guys, this is Dan," Phil introduces, "Dan this is Louise, Pj and Cat."

"H-hello," Dan stammers out nervously, a blush on his cheeks.

"Hi Dan!" Cat says brightly, giving him a somewhat flirtatious smile, "nice to meet you."

"Hi!" Louise says happily.

Dan smiles in response and Phil can tell he's slightly more relaxed because of them being welcoming. Phil finds himself smiling as well.

"Has Phil got some ridiculous nickname for you yet?" Pj asks with a laugh.

"Hey! They're great nicknames!" Phil protests, hitting Pj lightly on the arm.

"Y-yeah," Dan laughs, "H-he has."

"That's how you know you're his friend," Pj says, smiling at Phil, "the nicknames."

"W-what's yours?" Dan asks Pj.

"P-Diddy!" Phil says, "although I like D-slice better."

"That's terrible," Louise says.

"It's amazing," Phil protests.

Dan smiles at Phil, and that's when Phil sees it; another tiny fragment of Dan's mood setting itself back in place. Phil smiles, but doesn't say anything. He just wants to watch and see if Dan notices the pieces fixing themselves one by one.

Because to Phil, that is truly beautiful.

****************

an// sorry it's terribly short but I didn't really know what else to put in the chapter! next one will be longer again

Hope you're still enjoying moods and sorry for this terrible excuse for a chapter ugh.

^_^

p.s: subscribe to my YouTube: we'llnamethislater
add me on snapchat: phan-ci and snapthislater