Chapter 28 (Part 1)

~Louis's POV~

"Life is a highway, I want to ride it, all night long!" Jade sang as she cranked up the volume in the car.

"Through all these cities and all the towns, it's in my blood, and it's all around!" I jumped in on the take, and we both continued to sing until we got half way there.

"Okay so here's the thing, I've got TWO addresses, but I'm pretty sure the second one is the current address." She looked as if this information made her nervous, so I put my arm around her seat.

"It'll be FINE, trust me." I took a second and looked at her, quickly taking my eyes off of the road.

"I hope so, but what if she doesn't want to see me?" She asked as worry etched deeper into her face.

"Whatever happens I'm here for you love, I've got you." At that moment I out both of my hand back into the steering wheel.

"I just find it weird that the information of having any other kids other than me is, unknown." She said a questioning look painting her face.

"I know, it is strange." I confirmed her as we set out on the highway.

"Hey Louis, could you pull over really quick?"

"Sure thing." I slowed the car and put on the emergency lights.

I turned towards her seat to ask her why she'd wanted to stop, we'd only JUST got on the highway, but before I could open my mouth to say anything, her lips crashed onto mine in a passionate kiss. I was stunned for a few seconds, but my hands instinctively wrapped around her waist. I tugged her closer, wanting more of something that was so good to let go of. I kissed her, and when her tongue brushed against my bottom lip, I opened my mouth to deepen the kiss.

It felt so alive with energy that I couldn't catch my breath after it had ended. I looked at her with some sort of shocked expression, and she blushed furiously at me.

"Um...," I turned forward and gripped the steering wheel with both of my hands, not knowing what to really say.

"I've been waiting to do that, for the longest." She breathed from the passenger seat.

"Me too."

----------

An hour later we were pulling into a rocky circle drive. I didn't know what to expect coming into this situation as a friend, but when I saw the how beautifully elegant and country the house looked, I could only think happy things. It seemed so calm and at peace, but as I cut the ignition and climbed out of the car to stretch my legs a little I felt kind of hazy about the whole situation.

Things weren't always as they were perceived to be, and looking at the house now, it felt kind of foreign to me. I haven't been anywhere this quiet and homey feeling in ages, but there was always a time for firsts. It was a first for me, and it was an even bigger first for Jade. I only wanted to be here for her, and I hoped that deep down that I could be as strong as she wanted me to.

I looked back into the car and watched her continue to sleep for a few seconds. She looked so beautiful just laying there, the evening sun blanketing her face in golden light. I smiled to myself, and my mind wondered back to when we'd kissed for the first time an hour ago. We didn't really talk about it because I knew that we were both comfortable with the fact that she's kissed me. I was afraid to say anything stupid, so I smiled at her and made small talk, changing the subject, and gratefully after a few minutes she fell asleep the whole way here.

"Hey love, we're here." I said, shaking her shoulder a little.

She only stirred a little and turned away from me. I chuckled as I walked around to the passenger side door and pulled it open, a devious plan forming inside my head. I unbuckled her seatbelt and closed the door back, then walking back around to my side, I climbed back into the car. I turned on my video camera and waved a greetings to it, making a little memory video.