Chapter 16

~Jazz's POV~

I woke up this morning with a king-sized headache. My ears wee pounding and my skull felt like it'd crack any minute.

I rolled over in bed while I held the sides of my head, and crashed to the ground. Pain shot through the cut on my arm, and the now red stain on the floor confirmed that I was bleeding. I made a sound that could've easily came from a bear and rolled over onto my back.

I sat up and rubbed the blood off on my black boxer shorts. My t-shirt was white so the blood stained, and I knew it was ruined so I took it off. I got off of the floor and walked to the restroom, and on my way there I threw the shirt in the trash can.

I searched for the Advil that i'd used when my cuts were fresh, but I couldn't find it. I hastily rummaged through all of the cabinets in the bathroom, but they were no where to be seen. I made my way downstairs and searched the kitchen cabinets, but with my luck, they didn't turn up.

I went upstairs and grabbed a pair of shoes from my closet. I went to grab some cash from my purse, but I only found a nickel and a gum wrapper. I huffed and sat down on my bed. Gosh why do I have such a HUGE headache?

I picked up my phone and scrolled through my contacts, which only consisted of about 15. I scrolled past Harry's name and found his, I quickly checked the clock and it confirmed that he'd be awake by this time so I made my way downstairs to retrieve my keys. As I practically stumbled down the stairs, I heard the door open and slam shut.

"Hello?" I yelled so that I was audible from my position on the stairs.

Thee was no answer when I got to the bottom of the stairs, and when I looked up to see who it was a smile spread across my face.

"Well, don't just stand there!" He said opening his arms wide enough for me to squeeze into.

"Oh my gosh Taylor! You never told me you'd be down this weekend." I said my voice a little bit raspy from sleeping under the air vent.

The last part came out almost like a moan due to my headache, but I tried to sound as enthusiastic as possible. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his torso, but his duffel was getting in the way. I was way shorter than him now so I stood on his tan combat boots so that I could give him a kiss on the cheek.

"What was that for?" He asked picking me up and gently sitting me on the couch.

"I do that every time you come back Tay." I said as he sat beside me.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot." He said as he fidgeted with my hair.

"I was just going to stop by your house you know." I said turning to look him in the eye.

"Oh really, why?" He asked getting that cute little clueless look on his face.

"I ran out if Advil, and I know Marsh keeps a private stock of medicine." I said as I snuggled into his arm.

"You could've called, I would've answered." He said, putting his arm around my shoulders.

"I knew you were getting back today, and I wanted to see you." I said staring at my beige colored wall.

"Haha, yeah right." He said.

"True! And I had a horrible headache until you showed up! I guess it's gone away! You scared it off!" I said jokily hitting his toned arm.

"I'm not that scary! Just because I'm in the military doesn't mean anything, these camo suits don't mean squat, I could be a baby on the inside!" He said taking on a serious tone.

Although his face was straight I tried to contain my laughter, but I just couldn't hold it back any longer. We both burst out laughing, and fell onto the floor gasping for air.