14: Fixing Hearts

Be Dave Strider, knocking on his door==>

"Karkat!! Please, at least talk to me! I'm sorry!" I tightly clenched the bouquet of freshly cut roses in my hand. The thorns hurt like hell, but I wasn't leaving until he at least spoke.

Even if it's one word, I need something.. Okay, not one word. I just want him to listen.

The window opened from above, and a troll girl with a blue hat looked out. "Karkat said to go away! Please? He's crying in here-"
"DON'T SAY THAT IM CRYING! JUST TELL HIM TO FUCK OFF!" I heard Karkat yell.

"Um.." The girl looked down again. "He said to 'Fuck off'.. I'm sorry." She frowned.

"Please! Just tell him I need to talk to him. Just five minutes is all I ask!"

"Hey a22hole!" Sollux popped up from behind the girl. "Diid you not lii2ten?? KK 2aiid to fuck off! And iit2 nearly miidniight!!! You're gonna wake up the entire neiighborhood, diip2hiit!"

Another troll, with fins, popped up beside him. "Some of us are tryin' to get some beauty sleep!! Wwhoevver the hell you are, Kar says to GO AWWAY!"

"I think you are already pretty, Eridan!"
"Aww! Thanks Nepeta!" The guy, I guessed named Eridan, told the girl. Who apparently is named Nepeta..

"Ugh, please?! Karkat, I know you can hear me! I won't leave until we talk!! Just for a little! Then after that, you can completely shut me out of your life if you want!!"

The three looked back inside, then Nepeta smiled. She looked to me, "He said he'll be down there right now!"

Oh thank god.. I'm losing my voice from yelling..

I waited patiently by the door, then heard footsteps. The door opened, and a teary eyed Karkat answered.

"What the hell do you want? My laptop perhaps?" He sniffled, wiping his eyes with his sleeve.

I sighed, "Karkat.. I'm sorry.. I know you probably will never believe me, but.. I really am. I really, REALLY am sorry.. I was a fool.. I thought, and finally realized I only kept the job because it meant I got to spend more time with you.."

"Y-You could have done that regularly instead of spying.."
"I know! Hence why I called myself a fool."

"No. You're a big, stupid sack of potatoes.." He glared.
"Fine. I'm a big, stupid sack of potatoes.." I have him the bouquet as he tried, but failed, to muffle a giggle.

"The point is.." I pulled a thorn from my palm and tossed it aside. "I'm really sorry.. Y'know, it's intimidating when your sister is the Boss and she waves a big case of money in front of you, threatening your future like it's just a stray hair on a shirt.. I'm a fucking idiot for thinking I could get that and be with you.. I just want you now.. No money, no nothing. Just you and your love.." I grabbed his hand, making him blush. "And you can't just blame me either.. You said you were going to do the same thing."

"I didn't-
"But you initially were going to.. Weren't you?" I took off my sunglasses and looked into his eyes.

He nodded shamefully, then hugged me tightly. I immediately shut my eyes, enjoying his embrace.
"I miss you.."
"I miss you too.."