Epilogue

7 Years Later...

Dave was in the studio, listening to his client sing her lungs out. She was a fantastic performer, guaranteed to make it big in her future career.
Dave pressed a button, leaning towards the small mic.

"Alright, let's take a fifteen minute break. Good job in there." He smiled and left the recording room to go to his office.

After quitting his job seven years ago, Dave had worked hard and made his dream come true of becoming a music producer. Well, not exactly..
His reality was better than his dream..

Dave entered his office and saw Karkat sitting down with their adopted son in his lap.
Dave grinned. "What are you two doing here?!"

The little boy in Karkats lap smiled and jumped off, running into Dave's arms.
"How's my little Mayor doing?" Dave kissed his forehead.

Their adopted son's name was Wayward. He always dressed up around the house, wearing a sash that said 'Mayor' 24/7.

Karkat smiled and stood up, walking over to them.
"A little somebody wanted to visit their daddy at work. So, I thought I'd stop by and bring you lunch too." Karkat held up a brown paper bag.

"You got me AJ, right?" Dave stood, holding their son.

"You know I did." Karkat pecked his lips. "Also, Eridan, Sollux, Kanaya and Rose are coming over for dinner tonight. Kanaya and Rose said that he," Karkat pointed to Wayward, "..might be getting a play mate soon."

"Shut up, they're adopting too??" Dave's smile grew.

Karkat nodded.

After the the Goodbye ceremony, Rose and Kanaya actually combined their companies together instead of being head to head. Karkat still worked for them, happy to help out with the new company: Rosemary Games.

It's funny, they named it that before even starting to date.
Working together, well, the two girls ended up getting married awhile after Dave and Karkat did.

After the girls, Eridan and Sollux ended up together. Eridan had constantly been with Sollux ever since Aradia's passing; helping him through his grief and stress at times. Everything just.. Fell into place.

The 'Mayor', as he liked to be called, pointed towards the window.
"You wanna check out the view?" Dave tilted his head. His son nodded, and was placed down. He ran to the window and stared out at the city, imagining he was actually a Mayor.

Dave wrapped his arm around Karkat, both staring at the boy by the window.
"I'm so happy I met you.." Karkat whispered, looking up at Dave.

Dave looked down at him, putting his forehead to his. "You took the words right out of my mouth."

Like previously mentioned..
His reality was better than his dream..

His dream didn't have his son or Karkat in it, but his reality did..