16: Crash and Burn

Be Rose Lalonde==>

Dave burst into the office, slapping down a file onto my desk.
"Why doesn't anyone know about this?!"

I picked up the file cautiously and flipped through; my eyes widening when I see its information about Dave's guardian, or Bro, when he used to work for Sburb.
"How did you get this?"
"Where do you think? From the source itself. Now answer my god damn question Rose."

I sighed. "No one knows because we agreed not to let the future know of the past."

"We?" Dave was confused.

I pointed to a picture of my mother. "She and the original Founder of Sgrub. I believe her name was Dolorosa? They agreed never to let people know, for it will influence the future employees. How would they react if they found out? Ever since then, we've been competing with them.."

"But was it seriously that wrong???"

"Back then, it was extremely wrong.. It was no different than the feud of segregation because of skin color, Discrimination against anyone who was different or lived differently from how society portrayed 'Normal' life.. This is why I hoped you were only using Karkat.. If you two started what your Bro started.. It would cause disaster upon the two companies, especially since it's okay now.. People would hate us for allowing the last to happen, even though it was not my or Kanaya's problem.. It was our elders and past employees."

"Would cause disaster? I would change that to HAS caused disaster.." He laughed nervously.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Have you checked the newspapers?" He smiled and walked for the door. He opened it, but stopped to look at me. "By the way.. I quit." He left.

I went online to search was he meant, and all the article headlines were about us.

Sburb and Sgrub: Truth Uncovered!!

Sburb V.S. Sgrub? More Like Human & Trolls V.S Love!

Crash And Burn The Years Of Lies!

Sburb And Sgrub: History Repeating Itself In The Video Game Industry!

In the articles were quoted interviews from Bro, Dave and Karkat. Along the sides were some old photographs. I recognized a younger Bro holding a trolls hand who looked a lot like Karkat.
Must be the Signless my mother told me about..

I closed the tab when I heard uproar in the room outside of my office. People were shouting.
Soon enough, employees came bursting in with questions.

"Rose is this true?!"
"Did you know?!"
"How could you not tell us?!"
"Did you really bribe Dave to work undercover??"
"Your mom is messed up!!"

The words came in one year, and out the other.

I was so done..

Be Kanaya Maryam ==>

There was a knock at the door. "Come In."

As soon as the door opened, all of the trolls walked in, with Karkat leading them. He threw down a newspaper onto the desk. "Looks like I got Sgrub on the front page." He smirked.