10❤Why I'm Alone (Or Why I Want You)

Hayo gurlos! Or boyos! Or carlos! Whatever, I'm not funny. Anyways, this book has 401 reads! I am going crazy! This chapter is in Brooke's POV again. Vomment! Thanks for reading <3 Bye bye 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jake's car came to a stop, and he pulled into a tight space between a Ford Excursion and Nissan Altima. He undid he seatbelt. The car made a click and I realized that the car was now unlocked, and I needed to get out. 

"Jake." I said, my back facing  towards him.

"What?"

"Um..can I stay?" I said, tears forming in my eyes. I was so embarassed because my voice was cracking and my face was tomato red.

"Why? I have to make new music and stuff..." he started.

"Because I hate being alone. I hate having to sleep at night knowing someone is going to murder me. And I feel safe with you. Okay? Is that all to ask for? We were becoming nice friends and-" 

"Murderer?" 

I faced him with tears flooding my face. His eyes were frozen looking into mine. "My brother. Is the murderer. On August 3rd, 2006, it all happened." 

I sat in silence staring from out to window to Jake's enhanced features. I was choking on my last puff of air when I felt Jake's hand wiping away my tears. "We don't have to talk about it." he said.

"And he killed my mother-and my farther. Of course I was next, so I tried to hide. But oh no, I wasn't getting anywhere because I got letters. Everywhere I went, the beach, the grocery store. There was always a nice little message." I said. 

"And its a hell of a horror every night. Boxed up in a house with god only knowing what could happen. He is out there, Jake." I said. I looked in the car mirrors to see eyeliner running down my eyes. "Drive me home. I need to take a shower." 

Jake was somewhat speechless this whole time. We both put down our visors to protect our eyes from the blazing sun. He locked the car and buckled his seat belt again. The car was moving and I sat still, assuming he was taking me home.

"I'm sorry this happened." he said, finally breaking the awkward silence. 

"Its not you." I responded. I stared out at the windows, examining the shaking palm trees. One of his hands were on my shoulder and the other on the steering wheel. "Stop here." I said. He pulled into the driveway and parked the car.

*after the shower*

I wrapped one green towel around my head and one green towel around my body. Sure, I'd say I was skinny and pretty. But somewhat not enough for Jake.

I unlocked the door and the creeks of my footsteps against the bare floor echoed throughout the house.

"AHH!" I screamed. Jake was standing in the middle of my bedroom!

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING JAKE IM GONNA KILL YOU!" I yelled at him with anger and embarassment filled in me.

"Nice clothes." he said, looking down at my body.

"Wha-" I said, also looking down at my naked body. Sadly, Jake had startled me which caused me to freak out, and drop my towel. Of course. I screamed once more, grabbing my towel immediatly and wrapping it around my curves. 

Oh Jake Miller I swear, if you were naked and I were naked I'd- nevermind, you stupid brain.

"What are you doing in my room?" I questioned. I opened one of the drawers and there was nothing in it. I looked over at Jake, who was holding a big suitcase and a bag. There was a beautiful new outfit laid on the bed.

"Will you move in with me?" Jake said.