16

LISTEN TO YOUR HEART
CHAPTER 16

"Is this your way of distracting me?" I giggled. I was straddling Scott, my hands resting on his bare chest. He had that lopsided grin that I loved so much. His fingers were trailing circles up and down my bare thigh.

"It's working, isn't it?" He retorted, a small smirk replacing his cute grin. I rolled my eyes but kept my playful smile.

"Yeah" I whispered brushing my lips against his. "Yeah I guess so" I smiled while biting my lip.

"You tease!" He yelled flipping us over. A loud giggle left my mouth, mixing with his own laugh.

FLASHBACK OVER

"You honestly think I'm the one taking the bodies?" I scoffed in disbelief.

"Was it just a coincidence that you showed up at the exact same time the body was taken?" Sheriff Stilinski asked.

"I was with your son!" I yelled. "I'm sorry if it's a crime to look after your son 24/7" I retaliated.

"Ariana— look, I don't want to believe that you're the one taking the bodies. But the rest of the police department, think that they have a solid lead right now. You took down a police officer—"

"Because I was trying to stop the actual person who is taking the bodies!"

An aggravated sigh left his mouth. He pinched the tip of his nose, his face turning red.

"Is that really the story you're gonna go with?" He asked after a few seconds.

"Even though it's the truth... Are you prepared to tell another one?" I retorted.

"Listen. I'm going to have to send a deputy in here to finish questioning you. Whatever you do, do not mention the fact that I spoke to you first. Because they don't know" he told me. I nodded.

I watched as he walked, glancing at me one more time, before shutting the door. My hands were handcuffed to the table.

"Oh Stiles... I hope you know what the hell you're doing" I whispered.

FLASHBACK

"Hey babe. You miss me?" Scott asked me through the laptop. I smiled at the sight of his face. We decided to FaceTime.

"Eh not that much" I winked. He chuckled lowly.

"Is that so? It's okay though, I just know now to wait for you to call me instead of me calling you" he said.

I smiled, "Pretty genius of you. Don't get to see much of that side very much" I joked. He gave me playful glare.

"Hey, no need to get offensive!" He pouted. My heart sped up just looking at his small pout. I quirked an eyebrow at him when I seen his eyes brighten for some odd reason.

"What?" I asked.

"I can hear your heartbeat from here" he told me. A slight blush made its way onto my cheeks. Damn him and his werewolf hearing.