Chapter 7

Love No Longer Lives Here

Lyn and Cheyanne followed Shai and Taylor back to their room and walked in with ease. The girl Shayla they found was sitting there blowing her nose being held by Monica.

Lyn looked at her sympathetically. "Did he rape her or something?" She whispered low enough for only Shai, Taylor and Cheyanne to hear.

"Nah he didn't just knocked her in the head a couple of times, could tell this isn't the first time it happened before." Shai said as she moved forward and sat on the other side of Shayla.

"So Shayla is it? This nigga beat on your ass all the time or what?" Shai asked with a little more conviction then intended. Shayla looked towards her and tried to decide whether that was a slick shot or not. She shook her head slowly and decided it wasn't in her head.

"He actually just grew some balls. I mean he's always had anger problems, I never thought he'd put his hands on me. But I don't really feel comfortable talking about it." Shayla held her head down and every girl in the room looked at her in disbelief.

"They just saved yo ass from a real asswhooping and you don't feel comfortable talking about it?" Lyn asked shaking her head.

"Yo ass would be feeling real uncomfortable in the hospital waking up from being unconscious for two weeks. Now spill it bitch we ain't got nobody to tell." Monica said raising her left eyebrow. Shayla lifted her head looking at Lyn and Cheyanne as if to say 'what about them'.

"Lyn and Cheyanne cool, we just met them today too. Y'all ain't no snake punk bitches right?" Shai looked towards them after taking up for them.

Lyn felt offended Cheyanne didn't. Lyn always been the one to pop and get irritated easily. "Hell nawl ain't nobody got time for that snake shit. Chey you better tell them my families line of work" she said sitting back.

"So you in that kind of lifestyle as well?" Taylor asked smirking. Lyn didn't mind talking about her mother who abandoned her and her father who drowned himself in the dealing of drugs to get away from the heartache her mother caused. Lyn shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly.

"Family business I guess, not that I have much of that" Lyn said as she pulled a bag of weed from her pants pocket and tapped Cheyanne who was already getting the roll ups out her pocket.

"Shut up we are a family bitch" Cheyanne said passing her the blunts to roll.

"Bitch I know you family but as of parents I don't have any." Lyn said looking over at the rest of the girls.

"Well damn shawty where you living at though?" Monica asked sitting beside Shai.

"I live alone, but I usually stay over Cheyanne's house or she stays over mines. My mom was a crack fein and so she left my dad because he wanted to get help. He loved her. But she skipped town without a trace now my dad can barely look at me without getting sad but hey fuck it" Lyn lit the blunt and took a hard puff on it.

"That's fucked up but its real cool y'all close like that. I don't think I would make it without my moms" Shai said looking at them both.

"Back to you tho we ain't forget. What happened with you and this nigga" Taylor said making them all snap their heads in Shayla direction. She started to wiggle under their stares.

"Well uhhh.. He cheated on me. I guess he was made I beat her ass and his in front of everyone at school. That's why I got sent on this trip. He actually cheated on me with my step sister La'Mecca and-" she was interrupted by Monica.