Chapter 18

SHAYLA POV

To be honest I was just as confused as they were when Deonte kissed me. We have been talking that is true but he didn't say that we were dating or anything. That man is so damn fine though. I don't know what came over me to kiss him like that. That kiss been on my mind all day. Then he grabbed my ass in the kitchen on the sly when I was helping cook. They had to go back out though to do what Mama Chanel asked of them.

"So you like that boy a lot huh?" Mama Chanel interrupted my thoughts while she was adding more toppings to the pizza. "Cause you haven't stopped smirking or cheesing since he left." She said smiling at me. I nodded.

"Yes ma'am I like him a lot. I just don't know if its time for me to be getting into a relationship. The last one didn't end so well. I don't want this one to end the same way." I stated while staring deeply into the cake batter that I was mixing. She lifted my chin upwards and looked at me directly in the eyes.

"Then don't rush it. But everyone man is not the same. I tell you that now. Cheyanne's father was a good man. I'd take him back at any given time but he wasn't ready for a relationship. He was married to the streets before he was married to me so that caused problems. Deonte he seems like a good kid and it looks as if he cares deeply about you. That boy could have been left and went home with his family. He's still here with you. He had nothing to do with my baby being shot but he hasn't left and he's been a help all of this time. I understand that you're scared but sometimes you have to take risks. If it doesn't work out you can always say at least you tried. You're young. Tomorrow is not promised to any of us. Live for today baby" Mama Chanel was speaking volumes to me right now. I was so appreciate to have someone like her say that to me. Cheyanne was lucky to have a mother like her.

"You're right. I'm going to get it together. I can talk to him he almost grown around here we can sit down and talk right Mama Chanel?" I stated nervously. Mama Chanel gave me a big hug and kissed my cheek.

"Good cause he's standing right behind you" She smiled devishly and walked out of the kitchen after sliding the pizza into the oven and closing it. Deonte came up behind me placing both his hands on the counter trapping me between him the counter.

This what they meant by rock and a hard place?

"So I scare you?" He bent down whispered into my ear causing chills to flow down my spine. I backed up trying to ground myself from floating off into oblivion with him being this close to me.

"Uhhh s-sometimes" I feebly mumbled and pressed my back into his front and tried to get out of his grasp.

"Stop moving Shayla you're not going anywhere now turn around and look at me." He removed his arms from around me and I turned around to face him. He smiled down at me and his smooth chocolate skin complemented his big hazel eyes. His eyes were deeply piercing mines and I couldn't pull away from his gaze. "Relax. I'm not going to hurt you Shayla that will never be my intention. Just relax babygirl." His words warmed my body and caused a heart to skip a few beats.

"How do I know this isn't all bullshit that you're spitting? That you just want my goods and not all of who I am. I want to know what this is so I can decide if I want to be apart of it. If you looking for a fuck buddy with no feelings attached I can't say I down with that but don't lead me on like this could actually be something if it's not. I need to know that you aren't just trying to hit it and run off with some white bitch named Becky" I stated causing both him and me to chuckle slightly.

"Shayla that's not me. That is not who I am. We gone make this little shawty cause I think this could work girl. We both been hurt ain't no secret in that but don't be afraid of what the future holds. If you got me then I got you no doubt. Let's just see where this takes us. I'm feeling you and you feeling me." I didn't even have a chance to respond before he pressed his lips against mines and wrapped both arms around my waist causing my breathing to become irregular and my eyes to flutter shut. I wrapped my arms around his shoulder letting my arms rest on his shoulders placing my hands on the back of his neck and pulled him closer. Our lips had a mind of their own and didn't want to be separated. The kiss was so tender and filled with love, lust and passion. My knees buckled and his grip only tightened. I was literally in this mans arms and didn't not want to let go.